Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Default First Posted Hand!

Hi, lurked for some time and learned a lot!

Any comments welcomed.

Would you reraise preflop? Would you bet the turn?

UTG ($22.25)
Hero ($52.50)
Button ($85.25)
SB ($8.10)
BB ($73.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8.1</font>, BB calls $7.60, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.60.

Flop: ($24.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($24.80) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15.5</font>, BB calls $15.50.

River: ($55.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $55.80
Old 06-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: First Posted Hand!

RR PF w/88? I don't think so... 99+ has you beat ~80% of the time... SB threw in a good sized 3 bet here indicating a premium starting hand. Since he checked the river, it may have been something like AKs...?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Im not sure about calling the reraise preflop, it depends on how the SB and BB are playing of course but I think there are better spots for you to win money.

I think you played the rest of hand correctly not entirely sure what BB has, obviously not a high PP as he most likely would have reraised the SBs allin preflop, you may be good here. I think you were right to take a stab on the turn though there is an argument for just trying to check it down here.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 PM

I had no reads on either player. BB snap called the SB's raise. The small SB can pretty much have anything here.

Ace: Wouldn't QQ,KK,AA,AK three bet in this spot? If that is true then that tightens his range to 88-JJ, AQ, maybe smaller pairs or maybe AJs, ATs. So if I reraise here I am repping QQ+ which would probably get him to fold. Thoughts?

Sam: I guess you wouldn't reraise pre either?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RR PF w/88? I don't think so... 99+ has you beat ~80% of the time... SB threw in a good sized 3 bet here indicating a premium starting hand. Since he checked the river, it may have been something like AKs...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, SB shoved for his last $8.10. That's an easy call. He's asking whether to squeeze against an over-caller.

I generally don't like re-raising an overcaller unless he's particularly loose-passive, giving me a chance to see five cards against a single opponent with a third of the pot being dead money. Readless, I'm calling.

On the flop, I'm probably also leading, again: read dependent. That flop is semi-coordinated but there's a lot of hands that don't fit that sort of board texture: AQ, AK, 66-77, 80% of which we'll fold out if we continue here.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:08 PM

nh
Old 06-09-2007, 06:17 PM

I think your only mistake was on the turn: I would have gladly checked behind there.

Your bet on the turn is a semibluff, but there's no upside to folding out your opponent since you're still fighting SB for the pot. You've got four clean outs (7s) and six dirty ones (8s and Qs), so why risk more money? You can see a river card for free, and it's unlikely villain will try to bluff you off a hand on the river since the pot is protected. You get to play perfectly against BB, so take the opportunity to do so.

BB can't call that $15 bet with any hand that you beat, and won't fold many hands that beat you. Furthermore, even if you fold out BB the pot isn't yours, so you might as well take another free card. I think your best postflop line is check/check/check, calling a turn bet with odds but folding to a river bet when you miss your straight.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam: I guess you wouldn't reraise pre either?

[/ QUOTE ]

No never with a reraise and a call before me.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:32 PM

Pokey would you reraise pf?

I bet the turn for a couple reasons. To build the pot if I hit the river. To have him fold Ax hands and to charge him for flushes. I do see your point though.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:39 PM

What happened to the hand history?

I dont like BB cold calling here, I would take the turn check too, though I really cannot fault you taking a stab here