Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Poker Only - Limited time and limited budget - Where to play?

I will be traveling out west for business during the week of June 18-22. Two of my nights will be spent in Las Vegas. I'm meeting my son there on Tuesday to celebrate my birthday. I'm incredibly excited because I haven't been there in over a year and it's my birthday during that week however, I'm somewhat disapointed that I can't bring alot of cash with me. My BR will be in the range of $500 to $750 and I only plan on playing cards.

During my stay, I will play in the $62 Sahara Tournament. How full has the tournament been? With all the WSOP action in town, is this tournament worth playing?

Also, if you had a short duration of time to play cash games with a limited roll, where would you play and what limits?

I have a feeling my budget constrains me to only play 3/6 or 4/8 but I'm going to try and get up to the Luxor and play the 1/2NL $50 Buy-in Bingo game.

Thanks in advance,

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Poker Only - Limited time and limited budget - Where to play?

I didn't catch which of those night you will be in Vegas, but there is also a new series going on at Binion's during that time. On the 19th, there is a LHE event for 150, on the 20th there is a NLHE event for 150.

Cash games, tables should be filled all over town.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't catch which of those night you will be in Vegas, but there is also a new series going on at Binion's during that time. On the 19th, there is a LHE event for 150, on the 20th there is a NLHE event for 150.

Cash games, tables should be filled all over town.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there for the nights of June 19th & 20th - The $150 NLHE event looks very interesting, I'll check out Binion's website.

P
Old 06-09-2007, 12:55 PM

The $62 at Sahara is always a good value. The 7PM will have 125-175 players depending which night you go.

The Luxor is no longer $50 max. It is now $100 max. There is (and never was) any good reason to play there.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Luxor is no longer $50 max. It is now $100 max. There is (and never was) any good reason to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I will be staying downtown at The Fremont and after looking at what's offered for cash games on AVP, I think I'll be playing alot at The Nugget or Binion's. However, I will be little intimidated sitting with $200 against possibly $1000 or more big stacks.

Just look for a touristy rock with a white or blue Gators hat on and the smallest chip stack, that's me.

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]