Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Live 100NL -- bottom two on monotone flop

Effective stacks of $110ish. Villain was probably playing over 50% of his hands and limp-called a lot of raises. He was sitting on about $250 thanks to a set and trips to stack two overpairs on previous hands.

Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls $2, Villain raises to $7, MP1 calls $7, MP2 calls $7, 3 folds, Button calls $7, Hero calls $7, BB folds, UTG calls $7.

Flop ($40 after rake): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero ???

Well, that's not exactly how I wanted to hit the flop. Should I be playing for stacks with bottom two and stacks of anywhere from 40-60 BB? I really don't have any idea what I should be doing on this flop.

I could lead out and fold to a push since nobody would be pushing with anything worse than a pair + A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it's most likely a made flush. If I get flat-called on the flop, I think it would be okay to shove a blank turn.

Or I can go for the big check-raise and hope that I'm not check-raising a flush. I'm pretty sure that would fold pair + flush draw hands.

Any thoughts?

DZ
Old 06-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Live 100NL -- bottom two on monotone flop

First off your villain has a big hand here. You said yourself he was limp calling ALLOT. If all your opponents just have $40-$60 left I am just shoving here. What site is this and please use a hand converter next time. Also how could you lead out and fold to a push???? Any sensible bet you make is going to pot commit you with people who have 40-60$ left.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Open shove or check/shove.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off your villain has a big hand here. You said yourself he was limp calling ALLOT. If all your opponents just have $40-$60 left I am just shoving here. What site is this and please use a hand converter next time. Also how could you lead out and fold to a push???? Any sensible bet you make is going to pot commit you with people who have 40-60$ left.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you reading????

1) it is a live game, so no converter
2) all players have approximately $100 left, if you bet $30 (3/4 pot) then a shove over the top would be for about $70 more (a reraise of about the size of the pot).
Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 PM

Oops sorry I though this was 100 nl my bad.