Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Default 66 flop checkraise

4/8 live @ the woods. 7-handed

UTG raiser is a cute girl who works for a hedge fund and usually plays ABC TAG poker. The other two are donkeys.

Hero has 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB

UTG raises, MP coldcalls, SB calls, hero calls.

Flop (4 players, 7.5 sb)
J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero checks, UTG bets, donkeys fold, hero raises, UTG calls

Turn (headsup, 5.25 bb)
3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
bet, call

River (~7 bb)
2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
hero checks

One possible way to play this which I hardly think to do is call the flop and consider checkraising, checkfolding, or checkcalling the turn depending on what it brings.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: 66 flop checkraise

[ QUOTE ]
One possible way to play this which I hardly think to do is call the flop and consider checkraising, checkfolding, or checkcalling the turn depending on what it brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another possible way is to just fold the flop, unless you love being OOP with a very weak hand against a decent player heads-up, or if you really love lighting money on fire.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM

i think what's really important here is what would turn her on. proceed accordingly.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think what's really important here is what would turn her on. proceed accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2007, 10:43 PM

you hand read good. i think she turned her engagement ring diamond side out right after this one.

regarding the actual cards in this exercise, i figure i have more equity than that suggested by the "c/f flop" line.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you hand read good. i think she turned her engagement ring diamond side out right after this one.

regarding the actual cards in this exercise, i figure i have more equity than that suggested by the "c/f flop" line.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

i like your wait and see approach. especially if she puts alot of relevance in a flop c/r(given that it's live). she will really think that's a hot move if she has UI overs. maybe even a mid pp like 88 or TT if she considers folding a split second before she calls you down. calling and c/r most turns HU is an option as well. a pretty sexy option if she'll fire the turn again with AK.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i figure i have more equity than that suggested by the "c/f flop" line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reverse Implied Odds
Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 AM

Wow, I must have been drunk both times when responding earlier or something; I completely missed that both donkeys folded to her flop bet. Now I think I like OP's line.

What was your plan on the river? I'm assuming that you would call, as an AJ or overpair would often have raised you on the turn, so it smells like an unpaired AK/AQ.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely missed that both donkeys folded to her flop bet. Now I think I like OP's line.

What was your plan on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Her comment after the turn bet was "hmmm check raise?" as the call cautiously went into the pot. If it were a drawing hand or a pair of Jacks or better, the call would go in quicker.

She's not betting AK/AQ or too much else here on the river. I Check/fold probably unless I read a frisky bluff in the way she moves the chips over the line.

But regarding your first posts, I agree that if 1 or 2 donkeys call I might peel the flop but usually fold.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:26 AM

I want to bet the river as played. Do low limit live TAGs not calldown with ace high here?