Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: things a customer service rep said that pissed you off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I was watch shopping for my fiancee. So I went to just about every store in the mall seeing if I could find a good deal. I end up in the Bonton. I don't exactly know how common the store is, but its like a crappy sears.

I am checking out their jewelery, which is in the usual case. There was nobody working there though. I saw a girl doing inventory on the floor nearby, so I waited 10 minutes before I had to approach her. I asked if I could see a few watches, her response was "you may only look at one at a time". I could see she was great at dealing with customers. So we walk over to the watches, I get the first watch I wanted to look at. As she hands it to me she says "we do not accept damaged watches on return, we do not resize or change batteries and I will write this on the receipt so you don't forget". So I just handed her the watch and walked away. I would imagine she would have been fired on the spot if a manager saw her saying things like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever been fired "on the spot?" It's one of those things that I see in movies but is too absurd to happen in the real world.

I'd imagine that a manager is who told her to say exactly what she said anyhow, so firing her for it wouldn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was fired on the spot once.

When I was 16 I worked for a small water park in Belton, Texas. On the last day of business everyone was [censored] around. Another life guard and myself went to the bottom of the "tube slide" and ran up it jumping over customers as they came down. I clipped one in the face with my foot and gave him a bloody nose.

We were fired on the spot, in front of hundreds of people.