Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: FT Sweat for Stars X/180s 6-8-07

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GG Mark. I hear you about complaining about that crap. I haven't hit the FT in a while on any 180s, although I have taken at least 10 - 17th at least 8 times now. Last night once again I lost the hand that made or broke my tourney when I had about 21k with 13 left and my AK<A9 aipf to a shorter stack and I didn't win my next race to go out in 11th. Just disappointing so I know your feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea dude, I haven't played these in a while and I just tried a couple in the past few days. This was my first FT in a long long time and the guy who busted me got extremely lucky to even make it as far as he did. He got himself in the most ridiculous spots and spewed chips like a baffoon but people loved handing their stacks to him. And I should have for sure folded the turn because I'm never good there cuz every single hand got there. If only I hadn't taken a break to eat some food during the FT [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you man. Of course, yesterday I decided to try another one up after work, and wouldn't you know it, I entered into the money as the top stack. I worked myself up to about 50k by the time that the FT started and with 5 left I had about 80k (another had just a bit more than me). I managed to go out in 4th when I lost about 30k to another shorter stack when I lost a coinflip and then another huge pot against another short stack as a blind v blind battle when I flopped a straight and a flush draw but couldn't hit against his top pair no kicker. Went out a few hands later running KJ into AQ. 4th sadly is the best that I've done in a long time, so disappointed I couldn't close the deal but glad that I finally broke up my no FT string.