Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Is Brandi really that much of a donk?

She played horribly in a 100/200 limit game with me a few months ago, busted from the table and next day her bf told me in the 2/4 game that she said she booked a 7k win.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it could be that , all the ugly dudes on this site that post that will never get a semi-hot girl are just jealous, jealousy is a bitch, hot and decent enough to cash at poker not a common thing, do you see the pics of these online wizards, look like characters from lord of the rings

[/ QUOTE ]

haha you're a dope, there are actually a lot of really attractive guys that post on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given a forum with ~100k guys, of course there will be a couple non-uggos
Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell that to slashdot.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it could be that , all the ugly dudes on this site that post that will never get a semi-hot girl are just jealous, jealousy is a bitch, hot and decent enough to cash at poker not a common thing, do you see the pics of these online wizards, look like characters from lord of the rings

[/ QUOTE ]

haha you're a dope, there are actually a lot of really attractive guys that post on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, IMHO, I am strikingly handsome. My two ex-wives would agree. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read about how bad she has played at times.
But she also does have some pretty decent finishes and I'm guessing it's not JUST variance but that she perhaps does have SOME kind of intuition.

I'm also guessing that if I got poker lessons from Sklansky even for just an hour or two that my game would be improved considerably.
I'm not a semi-hot chick though so I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Russia, we called it "peasant smarts" - i.e. the person is an uneducated dolt, but has a certain craftiness. I guess here in NA, the equivalent is "white trash smarts". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] She is an idiot in objective terms, but she clearly understands people well enough and has enough "sense" to scam/rob them. And it's not just snapper. I would suggest that those skills are at least somewhat useful at a poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, in the US the expression is "street smart". "White trash" are generally poor southerners whose ancestors were British peasants and later small farmers in the US.

I have a feeling she has that and it is useful in NLHE tournament play. That may explain the results, even though she doesn't play well technically. Of course, she is probably losing in tournaments overall and being staked. However, if she was really terrible, she couldn't cash repeatedly. The lessons from Sklansky probably help her, because he is expert in the math and strategy part that she is weak at.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if she was really terrible, she couldn't cash repeatedly

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be very good at teh pokars yourself
Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if she was really terrible, she couldn't cash repeatedly

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be very good at teh pokars yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

I have excellent results, but I don't regularly play high buyin live tournaments. I would assume that if she was a total donk she wouldn't have several decent cashes, but I may be wrong. There is a lot a weak/tight play in live tournaments. She seems pretty fearless, which is a big advantage.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 AM

It's fairly easy to tell that she sucks based on her statements/behavior.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:15 AM

betgo,

something to contemplate.

"I played the $1500 event two days ago and knew that I was a 76% favorite with my AK suited, all money in preflop. And I had read my opponent perfect. Regardless of that particular outcome (my opponent with a weaker Ace ended up getting lucky)"
Old 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM

I think SonofStalin's probably right. She's able to read people very well, which is a prerequisite to running scams as well as she does. Live that covers for a lot of her weaknesses, but online she's screwed because she's not that strong strategically.

Sklansky mentoring her may turn her into a good player, if he can get her head working.