Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: December 21st, 2012

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
End of the world.

well, according to a bunch of "new agers", and other assorted loons apparently. It is the last day of the mayan calender, nostradamus names it as the day the comet will hit, others think it is when we will be enlightened, etc.

Has anyone heard of this, anyone read any books on the subject? Anyone want to clear things up a little?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rumor is that the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012. However, its just the end of a 400 year period. There is another that starts the day after.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. did anything like this happen in 1612? remind me.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:19 PM

It's fairly well known I think, I don't believe it myself. A guy a work with swears by it and he's fairly intelligent. He doesn't think the world will end but all f*%cked stuff going on will come to a head around that time (ie. war, environmental damage, overpopulation,.etc.)

I'll admit the concept of the magnetic field reversing is terrifying.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
End of the world.

well, according to a bunch of "new agers", and other assorted loons apparently. It is the last day of the mayan calender, nostradamus names it as the day the comet will hit, others think it is when we will be enlightened, etc.

Has anyone heard of this, anyone read any books on the subject? Anyone want to clear things up a little?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rumor is that the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012. However, its just the end of a 400 year period. There is another that starts the day after.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. did anything like this happen in 1612? remind me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure about that but there are several times in history of different cultures believing the world was ending soon, one that comes to mind was Christians believing it to be December 31st, 999.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Prince will have a harder time making a song out of that date.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM

I like David Cross' joke on the end of the world jesus freaks. Oops sorry that 2 was supposed to be a 3, must've been a little smudge on the paper, oh well I guess it's another thousand years of fundraising.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll admit the concept of the magnetic field reversing is terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

National Geographic says be cool, dog
Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 PM

This is on the winter solstice. I can never get back the time I just spent on reading this
Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 PM

that will be a sad 27th birthday
Old 06-08-2007, 11:43 PM

Well at least I don't have to do any Christmas shopping in five years. Sweet.

EDIT: Will probably take advantage of some "end of civilization" clearances though.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 AM

from the "Watcher"

The Milky Way Galaxy is the inspiration for the symbol of the Ouroboros. Myth refers to a serpent of light residing in the heavens. The Milky Way is this serpent, and viewed at galactic central point near sagittarius, this serpent eats its own tail.

2012 The End of the Age The Greeks called the End of the Age the SUNTELIA AION Ancient historians and especially Plato referred to a cycle of catastrophe at the End of the Age. The AION was symbolized by the Ouroboros.

The infamous account of Ezekiel 's wheels, often misinterpreted as a primitive description of a UFO encounter, is actually a vision of the hybrid living creatures who populate the celestial narrative in the zodiac. Ezekiel saw CHERUBIM with four faces, and the wheels which were assigned to them. These are the four faces of the cardinal points of the zodiac, and a reference to their movement through the heavens. Both the Cydonia "Face" and the Giza Sphinx are a combination of two of these zodiac points -- Leo & Virgo. There is a Biblical precedent for this symbolism, Sphinx, Zodiac & the Gospel in the Heavens

(above)Nergal, the two faced "God of Mars" appears as Sagittarius. (below) The sign of the Suntelia Aion, the End of the Age -- on December 21, 2012 the sun rises from the mouth of the ouroborus / milky way ... pointed out by the arrow of Sagittarius.