Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Event 10 - $2,000 No Limit Holdem

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Justin is trying his best to play hands against him.

Spiderman vs. Bonomo . . . Again

Partho "Spiderman" Data raised from late position, Justin Bonomo moved all in from the cutoff and Data called. It was a race situation for our dynamic duo with Bonomo's A-9 up against Data's 4-4. Though things looked good for Spiderman, a nine hit on the river to double Bonomo up to 306,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

dynamic duo = ZJ + .... ZJ?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are there many ppl on here cheering/supporting for zeejustin? Do people not care anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's old news. Tons of people used to multi-account, so I never got where all the hate was for ZJ in the first place. The Grinder admitted to doing it. Where was all the hate on him. It's just like the Barry Bonds thing in baseball. Hundreds of players used Roids, but one guy gets to take all the heat for it. Why? B/c people are hypocrites and they choose to hate some people while giving others free passes.

Was it right?
-Hell no it was blatant cheating.

Did ZJ deserve all the hate he got?
-Yup, but he did his time. There were other players doing the same thing, some who admitted it, some who were also caught. They never got near the amt. of hate that ZJ got.

Who still hates on ZJ?
-Mostly bitter fools who are jealous b/c he's doing well on the Circuit and they are sitting at home grinding $10 rebuys trying to get out of debt.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Below is the low down on the event from Pokernews.com. Probably not gonna buy the coverage as this is the only FT I plan on following (only have spare time for a few days). Will be interesting with the hole cards. There is still plenty of hate for ZJ out there, but for a long time he was one of the most consistent strategy posters and a staple of this board. Nice to see him making a name for himself in live poker.

A New Adventure for All of Us

Here is what is going to happen today. The Final Table for event #10 ($2,000 NLHE) is going to be held in the Bluff Sequestarium Tent. I am going to be following the action from the production room, where I will be able to hear the blogcast as it is recorded and see the hole cards. Now the event is being webcast (worldseriesofpoker.com) on a one hour delay. Therefore my tournament report will also be delayed one hour. I will tell you here when the Cards are in the air and then go silent for one hour. BUT! when I come back I will be able to give you all of the highlights INCLUDING the hole cards.

Please remember this is an experiment for all of us and there will be glitches but you will get the action with hole cards right here. My next post will be "Cards are in the Air" and then we will have a one hour period of silence.

Got that?

Good, see you in a few, players are in the tent and getting miked up right now.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM

I agree with that. Even though I really hate cheating and unethical behavior, it seemed that everyone was putting all the blame for all the cheating that's ever happened on the internet on ZJ.

I think the effect of the excessive hate toward ZJ on me has been to make me want him to succeed, and I don't even know him.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the final table, somewhere in Vegas, Phil Gordon isn't going to be talking about the chip leader:

Seat 1 - Gil George (356,000)
Seat 2 - Ronnie Hofman (297,000)
Seat 3 - Walter Browne (302,000)
Seat 4 - Stan Weiss (609,000)
Seat 5 - Justin Bonomo (2,036,000)
Seat 6 - Hunter Frey (852,000)
Seat 7 - Todd Frey (852,000)

Seat 8 - Michael Banducci (717,000)
Seat 9 - Will Durkee (486,000)

[/ QUOTE ]

In before the multi-accounting jokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

GL man! [censored] the haters!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:45 PM

Great assumptions selurah, I don't hate him, but I'm not a fan that's going to be cheering for him. Other people did it, so it's ok? I also don't like The Grinder/G Unit Gorilla master either.

I just think it's funny if he never got caught, he'd probably still be multi-accounting. I don't want this to get into a debate that's already been covered, and I'm sure everyone has said what they wanted to say from each side. He's a great talent and all and he'll probably win this tournament. But, old news or not, I'll never support cheaters.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM

All I want to say about this is that I'm really glad people don't judge me based on the dumbest things I did when I was 18-19 years old.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 PM

gl zj, pick up those poy points!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great assumptions selurah, I don't hate him, but I'm not a fan that's going to be cheering for him. Other people did it, so it's ok? I also don't like The Grinder/G Unit Gorilla master either.

I just think it's funny if he never got caught, he'd probably still be multi-accounting. I don't want this to get into a debate that's already been covered, and I'm sure everyone has said what they wanted to say from each side. He's a great talent and all and he'll probably win this tournament. But, old news or not, I'll never support cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dark I agree with most of what you are saying. My last post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the posters who enter every ZJ thread to endlessly bash the kid. I just used your quote b/c I see a lot of people rooting for ZJ now, and I thought I would give my opinion on why I think that is. Anyway as you said this topic has been beat to death and I don't want to derail this thread into another debate on it.

GL to ZJ and all who are left in this event.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are there many ppl on here cheering/supporting for zeejustin? Do people not care anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's old news. Tons of people used to multi-account, so I never got where all the hate was for ZJ in the first place. The Grinder admitted to doing it. Where was all the hate on him. It's just like the Barry Bonds thing in baseball. Hundreds of players used Roids, but one guy gets to take all the heat for it. Why? B/c people are hypocrites and they choose to hate some people while giving others free passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's quite right--I was ignorant, I guess, and was stunned to find out that "tons of people used to multi-account". I think I wasn't alone.

Before this all came down, it was clear that Zee (and JJProdigy) were great online poker players. Let me say that I am glad they were punished, but it didn't diminish my respect for their games--I would prefer softer players at my table.

And it is clear that Zee is a great live player today. I cheer for almost all 2+2 players, except the few complete assh*les. Zee has never been accused of being an assh*le on 2+2. He has always been a respectful and gracious contributer to this forum.

GL Zee.

-Z