Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Flush on Full House board in HU pot

2-2NL Live game. I have about 100, Villain has about 150. I have a tightish image at a very loose table. Villain is a thinking player (he's a HE dealer), but has a slight case of FPS.

In a pot that's been straddled, I open for 10 from the CO+1 with Ts5s. Villain calls from SB, everyone else folds.

Flop: Qs8d8s

He checks, I bet 15. After some deliberation, he calls.

Turn: Kh

He checks, I check.

River: Ks

He open pushes all-in. Hero??
Old 06-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Flush on Full House board in HU pot

Folds. I don't find many hands, you beat here. And bet more on the flop and probably fold preflop.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Don't make a raise to 10% of your stack preflop with T5, even if it's suited. And I fold river.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Snap fold.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Well, I wasn't raising pf based on the strength of my hand. There was 8 in the pot and I was trying to pick it up in LP based on players in BB and straddle. Also trying to exploit my tight image, blah, blah, blah. Standard steal, whatever.

Ordinarilly this wouldn't be a very interesting hand. On the first level, obviously it's an instant fold, but if you really think about it, what exactly is Villain repping?

Flop bet it fine. If he has a Queen or 8, he'll call 20 or 25 or whatever you think is right, anyway. He calls though, so is he calling with an 8? Maybe, but then the open shove on the river makes no sense. Obv, bottom full house has show down and check/call value, so why shove? I'd only call with a K and it would be an easy call at that. So did he call flop with a Q? Then the open shove on the river REALLY makes no sense. He probably doesn't have a King, because what did he call flop with then: KQ? It would have to be KQ exactly -- and in that case, I seriously doubt he would open shove on that kind of board with the second nuts. So what did he call the flop with? A flush draw, perhaps? Only thing that really makes any sense given the river play (and it's not much sense), so let's see: there are only two flushes that beat me As and Js. So, based on that read, I have the third nuts and he's WAY over-betting the pot. Maybe third nuts (according to my deductive reasoning) is good.

I think this hand is interesting on more levels than: don't raise pf with T5 and he has a full house.

I considered calling for a long time, but eventually folded b/c in the long run it would be a -EV call, but in this particular situation, given my read, I thought I might be good.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snap fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-08-2007, 10:11 PM

I folded, Villain showed 3s4s.