Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: $50rebuy hand vs lilholdem

Lol I never stated anything other than your misconception that a push was for 17K not 44.

There are many times open pushing more than the pot is correct, whether this is one of them is open to debate.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ open push for $44,000 . not necessary at all. Betting 5,000 would be much more likely to induce an all in from AQ or AK than putting him all in and turning your hand face up

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain only has 17K left and the pot is already 10K. If I do open push here doesnt this look more like AK than 66?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew much about tournament theory youd know that it is never necessary to bet more than the pot, in any situation, all you do is put more chips at risk and look retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for some very general, and terrible advice!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you knew much about tournament theory youd know that it is never necessary to bet more than the pot, in any situation, all you do is put more chips at risk and look retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just so wrong. Any hard and fast and unalterable *rules* about bet sizing are wrong.

About the hand, I reiterate that if, as Barry thinks, we're getting in whatever, then checking is better because we're not folding any better hands and this gives him a chance to shove big unpaired hands. I don't think that's much of his range FWIW. The pre-flop pot is too big for him to want to be [censored] around with AQ/AK for 1/4 of his stack especially when he's not going to be first to act on the flop.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 PM

anyone who has played lilholdem much knows his preflop play is very weird, he has a bigger pair almost always here, and the other % of the time it's a misclick-call or something weird like that. I'm probably still check-jamming him because we have outs and there is still a chance he has AK/AQ or something like that.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have recently gone from 5K to 50K in 1 round of blinds but showing reasonable hands for each situation. I'm not sure how he views me.

He has been quiet but the pots he has played have usually been raises/reraises without showdowns.

After he calls me I plan on playing this as cheaply as possible, but the flop made things a little more interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What range do you put the villan on and whats my best play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1600 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t18565)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t48920)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG+1 (t22360)</font>
MP1 (t29067)
MP2 (t24078)
CO (t12826)
Button (t16430)
SB (t62110)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4800</font>, UTG+1 calls t4800, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (t10125) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the discussion on this hand is beside the point. Given that you have little chance of getting him to stack off with a lesser hand (what? KQ? AQ?), and given that you have a very strong draw that's ~40% to win even against an overpair, an open-shove seems by far the best option. Hopefully fold out 99/TT/JJ, definitely fold out unpaired big cards that wouldn't have given you more action anyway and might have caught up on the turn. Obviously get called by QQ+ and hope to suck out.

Can you lay this hand down after this flop? No. Can you trap villain into getting the money in with a thin draw? No. QED.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 PM

he probably isn't folding TT or JJ fwiw
Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he surely definitely isn't folding TT or JJ fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Ehh you are pot stuck now, almost 40% against overpair.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Ok. I knew I was pot stuck and it seems what ever we do we never have any fold equity either.

I pushed and he showed AA, meh.

Does anyone else hate the the pre-flop raise?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. I knew I was pot stuck and it seems what ever we do we never have any fold equity either.

I pushed and he showed AA, meh.

Does anyone else hate the the pre-flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you do now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I really thought this whole problem started when you raised pre; I would have fold/limped here (OMG, yes, I would have limped here).