Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: NLTRN: lowlimit study group, anyone interested?

Yeah a # on IRC sounds like a great idea.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably not something that 2+2 allows guys, making a subforum on a different site that will overlap a lot of stuff already on this forum.

A simple email/AIM exchange with other HU players should suffice, no need to create a new community.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with this; a new community isn't necessary.

Ok, I too would love to be included in this as I'm a huge HU fan.

BTW HRA, what is an IRC? just curious.

One thought I had; until we come up with a finalized plan for putting this together, would you guys want to start some "official threads"?

You know how party poker players have their official thead, and I'm sure there are some others as well.

Well, maybe we could create a few official threads in the HU forum, i.e "Official HU $10-$20 thread", 30-50 thread, 100-200 thread, 500+, you get the idea. Anyway, it's just a thought.

Then those threads would naturally populate with people who play at those stakes, and people could link up, PM, AIM etc.

I also would suggest getting people to rail, then post the HH's afterwards. Maybe in some official rail threads, if anyone wants to start one.

Anyway, that's just some thoughts, take em' or leave em' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but I'd definitely love to be included in this, it's a great idea.

Ok, my resume. I don't have a ton of games logged, yet. I just really started playing HU a few months ago, so I'm at just under 400 games. I'm running about 10-11% ROI on FT , and play stakes anywhere from $50-$500; with the bulk of my games being at the $100-$200 levels.

Poker is a hobby for me,not a full time job; but it is definitely good sup income for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and I do play a lot.

If ya'll ever shark scope me, I play under the same name. My stars stats suck, as that's when I was first starting out. I've improved a lot, and now play exclusively on FT. I can't figure out how to redeposit on stars (and I'm too lazy to try) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm looking forward to this!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM

Im very up for this.

My story:

I first started out playing around 500 HU SNGs and realized that it was the only thing in poker where ill probably never have a losing weak in. Then bonuses got a big part of me and so far in the 2007 the CG has taken the [censored] out of me and I really need some stability.

Anyways, now I played around 500 HU SNGs at the 30-50$ level and started out crushing with 68% WR for around 300 games (PL/NL 50% each) but now it backed down quite a bit and i had a nice streak on the PL HUs with 11 losses out of 12.

I play very unorthodox I believe compared to many of you winning guys but I believe that my maniacstyle works too. At least now.

Id like and income of $500-1000 so I dont have to borrow from my government for my studies.

Well that is my lifestory. Please PM me whenever this is going to be realized.

PS. If we want a forum then I have created a pokerforum that is not public/launched yet where I can edit a lot if people want to be there. Its a vBulletin-forum so it owns the crappy UBB. Anyways, its just a suggestion.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then bonuses got a big part of me and so far in the 2007 the CG has taken the [censored] out of me and I really need some stability.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is "CG"?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 PM

CG means Cashgame.

I just opened a IRC-Channel called " #2+2HU " (my account is "ReVoLuTioN`HU"). I will be online 24/7 from now on and create some bot managing the admin stuff out there.
I hope someone will visit me as soon as possible. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To all of you who don't know IRC:
It's something like a chat client connecting peoples (especially gamers) all around the world. There are many servers and many rooms about nearly every topic you can meet friends in or discuss themes you'd like to discuss.
Our server will be irc.quakenet.org
There is a downloadable version of IRC (search google) but Opera also has IRC integrated (look for "chat" in menu)

Fill the channel, peoplez
Old 06-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Looks good Sky. Now we just need some of you guys to join.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:17 PM

When this worked for a while we can put on some times where we all meet at the channel putting some rapidshare links into it so others can download your HHs and give you feedback at PNs or answer at IRC. I think this is the easiest way to get this going, isn't it?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM

awesome, gonna go download and say hi right now
Old 06-08-2007, 02:41 PM

Do so, I'll reply.

But don't be angry if I don't chat right back as I did to frede89. I'm just running IRC to keep being an admin to prevent steals until I built up a bot. I'm not always behind the keyboard. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2007, 04:41 PM

I am a long term winner SNGs and have switched to HU.

I've played 185 turbos on PS 6-22 at only 55%, but that's without having a clear understanding of winning strategy.

I would like to exchange HHs with you guys, but can we agree on some general points so that us newbs aren't giving each other bad advice?