Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Recommend a reputable site to incorporate, act as resident agent

Morning..

If you type "incorporate" into google you get a hundred responses; have you guys used any of them? Are there any reviews you could link me to?

-Chry
Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Recommend a reputable site to incorporate, act as resident agent

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question but if you wish to incorporate a business it has to be done through the Secretary of State's office in the state you are set up in. Some states allow you to do it online thru their website while others still do it the old fashion way...print off a form, filled it out, & mail it in with your fee. Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not exactly sure I understand your question but if you wish to incorporate a business it has to be done through the Secretary of State's office in the state you are set up in. Some states allow you to do it online thru their website while others still do it the old fashion way...print off a form, filled it out, & mail it in with your fee. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly it makes little sense to me also; the paperwork seems so farking simple. The complexity I have is that since my business is going to operate in many states I should really incorporate in Delaware, and to do so you need to have a point of presence in the state.

The 3rd party can act as this point of contact(Registered Agent), and they can also do all the filings within the state.

-Chry
Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 PM

The company I work for is also incorporated in DE but we aren't headquartered there either. Delaware has great corporate tax structure & that's why companies incorporate there. Most just have an attorney licensed in DE to file their documents with the SOS & act as their registered agent.