Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: River Raise

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop: pot's big. i was trying to clean up some ace outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your 3-bet on an equity basis. You're going to the river and you have more than 33% equity with your draws and overcard. But I don't think you're cleaning up any outs; the only way CO (who might have an A) is folding is if UTG+1 caps, and if UTG+1 caps then you don't have any A outs.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on the flop: pot's big. i was trying to clean up some ace outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your 3-bet on an equity basis. You're going to the river and you have more than 33% equity with your draws and overcard. But I don't think you're cleaning up any outs; the only way CO (who might have an A) is folding is if UTG+1 caps, and if UTG+1 caps then you don't have any A outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the original plan was to checkraise an expected leading bet by CO in order clean up A outs against UTG+1 and MP; when UTG+1 unexpectedly leads then the 3bet is purely for equity cuz no one is folding now. I'm finding my regular 2/4 table is just so damn passive now that I really have to be careful about going for checkraises and be pretty sure there is a bet coming.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the original plan was to checkraise an expected leading bet by CO in order clean up A outs against UTG+1 and MP; when UTG+1 unexpectedly leads then the 3bet is purely for equity cuz no one is folding now.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much my thinking at the time.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM

fixed the action.

thoughts?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:22 AM

I'd donk the flop. I'd rather build a big pot than worry about possibly knocking out aces that could be in the pf-rs hand anyway.

River doesn't seem worth it to me. UTG+1 will probably fold his underpair to the ten, but CO would have to be an idiot to bluff that river after the action, and even if he is bluffing with ace high you'll probably get a curiosity call. He's never folding a pair.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:08 AM

bluff the river
big pot
weird line
on the internet

I dislike it.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

If I were villain and I folded it means you had the best hand. Your check-3, check-call, check-raise looks ridiculous and doesn't add up to anything. I'd never fold there unless I was bluffing (and i wouldn't bluff with a better ace).
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 AM

Even with the fixed action, I don't understand.

What hand are you trying to represent on the river? What hand range to you put CO on?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hand are you trying to represent on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

anything they want to believe i hold. for me, the real question was: "what does CO's hand add up to be?"

[ QUOTE ]
What hand range to you put CO on?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where it gets interesting, IMO. according to his PT stats, CO is somewhat aggressive. that means a couple of things. he is capable of bluffing and he is capable of folding.

i'm pretty sure UTG guy has me beat.

all that CO has done was continuation raise the flop(which doesn't mean a strong hand generally speaking, and means less as the rest of the action ensues), and bet when checked to. if i was HU w/ CO i would check that river down and call a bet if he fired. UTG posed the problem. for me the real question is, am i simultaneously snapping off a bluff/folding a better Ace and folding UTG's made hand frequently enough to invest two bets on the river? the pots pretty big, and it's laying me a little better than 5.5-1 odds for it to work. 18% is a pretty hefty required success rate.

i'm not saying this is the greatest play in the world, but i've yet to see anyone venture a guess as to what range can be assigned to CO holdings. before i give my range, i would like to see some other's assumptions.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:36 AM

throw in UTG's range also. i think his is sort of interesting, as well.