Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Why doesnt Wendy\'s serve breakfast?

It's much easier said than done, and it can be very expensive to create the menu. Starbucks has long struggled in developing a worthwhile and popular breakfast menu, and people flock there in the morning.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:20 PM

I prefer 4th meals over breakfast. Wendys should concentrate on that.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:05 PM

Think of the management nightmare creating another shift for breakfast would be. You would have to hire 3-5 more poeple and expect people in QSR to be there at 5am. You also have to figure many Wendy's are designed to be on the correct side of the road for the way home, not the way to work.

It's not as easy as it sounds to all at a sudden add40 hours a week to your opening hours. Also keep in mind with minimum wage going up this would cost them even more money.

Several QSR's have failed on breakfast, at least regionally. Church's, KFC and Papa John's come to mind right off the bat. It's not easy to get people in the habit to stop at your QSR when they have been going to Chik Fil A for breakfast for 10 years.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, why has Jack in the Crack started serving it all day? I guess they "don't make it 'till you order it," so they're saving money by not spoiling product. So was there really not much of a way they could lose money doing this since it's not made yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

They've been doing that for years.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, why has Jack in the Crack started serving it all day? I guess they "don't make it 'till you order it," so they're saving money by not spoiling product. So was there really not much of a way they could lose money doing this since it's not made yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

They've been doing that for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serving breakfast all day? Well I didn't know. Seems like they never advertised it until recently. I don't go to JITB that often. In N Outs and Fatburgers in L.A. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 06:58 AM

my 2 cents..

Wendy's doesn't serve breakfast because they are known for "burgers". McDonalds, Brueggers, D&D, etc have a tight grip on the breakfast market and rolling out a breakfast marketing campaign designed to compete would be brutally expensive.

-Chry