Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: TPTK unable to fold so what to do?

Thanks guys, I knew that my turnplay was spew and you made it clear why.

I will give you another one tomorrow so you can berate me a little bit more
Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Other people have hammered the turn, but, big scheme of things, not punishing the loose limpers PF is a much bigger error. In this particular hand, it probably cost you less equity then the turn 3-bet did, but raising limpers for value is a situation that occurs probably 2 times per orbit at 1/2, and getting this wrong consistently will cost you much more in the long run then occasionally putting in 2 extra bets in a large pot.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:17 AM

I know that the right play is to raise hands like AQ preflop for value, and that's what I normally do. However at the moment I'm running terrible with the cards, I raise with all the premium hands just to find that I haven't improved by the river and lose to some crappy hand at showdown.

My defence, call it tilt-light, is to just call with these when I'm OOP and cant' drive anyone out and take it from the flop. Put me in any other seat and I will raise it any time, but from the bb I don't have to face the tough decision of wether to cb or not when the flop doesn't hit my cards. If I cb they call with correct odds, and if I check I have the odds to call with my overcards, wasting more money in a pot I will never win. Remember that CO and Button will call all the way to the river no matter what...

Maybe it doesn't apply to 6max but isn't this just what Sklansky wrote in HPAP, keep the pot small in loose games preflop to make your opponents mistakes bigger postflop when they call with worse hands. I give up some equity preflop but deny them the correct odds to call on later streets.

My play on the turn was really horrible but God I was happy when I hit that Q...