Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: 5/10 on-line, jam flop or enlist preflop raiser?

I would call the flop raise, lead the turn, and 3 bet it if I get the chance.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares, lol
we have a set
draws are coming along anyway
mash it up now and make a huge pot so the times we don't get sucked out on, we win lots of monies.
not a good spot for pot control

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 07:49 PM

ld,

welcome to the forums.

ram and jam that flop. no decent draw is going anywhere, anyway. you have tons of equity. make money off of it. also, waiting for the turn can kill the action if a scarecard comes as well as making it easier for a toppair type hand to get away when it would call down from a flop raise drawing almost dead. good luck.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:30 PM

QsJs is very drawy. 3-town.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Thanks all,

Here's what I did (and the "thinking" that went with it). I called flop with the intention of leading of turn, regardless of what came. Flush draws were coming regardless, since they'd already cold called. I felt like button had big PP but had a niggling thought that it might have been JJ or QQ and I didn't want to bet his hand...yet. This might be "monster under the bed" thinking, but I called his raise and led the turn when a brick fell. (Truth to tell, I would have led regardless). He, expectedly, raised and faced any draws with calling 2 BBs. Perhaps not enough to get the (nut) flush draws out, but the gut shots would go away and maybe the flush draws facing a reraise which I certainly accomodated. When the button just called the reraise, well... I smiled.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Bingo. This is either one of those "great minds think alike" moments or we both left money on the table.

I appreciate all the replys.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 PM

:Grunch:

With four players and this board, I three bang. This board is horrible; I'm guessing you're up against at least one flush draw and two broadways are out there. Any A, K, T, or spade stinks for your hand.

Though you could argue for waiting for the turn, I would 3bang now since 1) the pot is four-way and 2) I want to see the PFR'r reaction.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares, lol
we have a set
draws are coming along anyway
mash it up now and make a huge pot so the times we don't get sucked out on, we win lots of monies.
not a good spot for pot control

[/ QUOTE ]

QFE (that's for emphasis)...mash this up now and it's not even close...we're almost certainly ahead here and are a favorite to win this hand. at the same time, if you keep betting here most of your opponents will just keep calling, seems pretty unexploitable to me?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:10 AM

I just want to say you don't get the flushdraws out, but overcards with backdoor straightdraws, and lone spades might leave you which is good (or they are paying, which is good as well)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 AM

well either our opponents are good or they aren't. if they are, then getting tricky a) may not work (ie our turn donk won't get raised) or b)will drive out improper draws on the turn leaving us against hands that beat us or hands we crush that won't pay off a lot or may even fold.

if they're not, or if it's a mix of good and bad players, then mashing it up now righteously seems best ( i mean it's best either way), we almost certainly are ahead now, let's build a huge pot with our somewhat disguised monster and even if draws (that people are chasing correctly or not) come in, we have a redraw to big monies.

this is the babar theorem - mash it up and fastplay sets on drawy boards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]