Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Strange ruling?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I go all in, and everyone else folds except for one other player who calls me (I have more chips than he does),
However, by now the chips are now integrated into the other player's stack.
The floor is called, and the situation was explained, I am given the chips I should of won, but to be fair to the other player (who had rebought in the middle of that hand as it was a rebuy tourney), they also give HIM the same amount of chips (I didn't really agree at the time on that point, but I do agree that no player should have to pay for a dealers mistake).

[/ QUOTE ]

The floor was a moron, as was everybody else at the table who allowed this. Unfair to everybody else in the tournament.

No way your opponent gets anything from the pot. He lost. His 'stack' was the amount of the rebuy. He keeps that, and everything else goes to you. He gets nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That is one of the worst decisions ever. He gets extra chips because the dealer got his hopes up?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 PM

This is pretty interesting. Lets say I push all in and another player asks for a count. I am allowed to sit there. I allow the dealer to count my chips and lets say he or she is under or over by a signifigant % am I required to tell the other player? And what happens in all the situations where a don't. Can I still be in the tourney if i loose the hand?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty interesting. Lets say I push all in and another player asks for a count. I am allowed to sit there. I allow the dealer to count my chips and lets say he or she is under or over by a signifigant % am I required to tell the other player? And what happens in all the situations where a don't. Can I still be in the tourney if i loose the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless there are specific tourney rules where you play you are not required to count your chips but you do have to let the dealer count them. If the dealer is wrong then it should be the count that was announced. Note that donkaments may not follow these rules - all they want to do is get to a final table and get down to a chop as soon as possible.