Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: SnG strategy under construction

[ QUOTE ]

Stop right there, the first sentence is so fundamentally flawed that you'll doomed to being a losing player if you continue with this plan. Sklansky details in the Theory of Poker why you can't use results to improve your game. You might want to read and study a bit before you start thinking....

[/ QUOTE ]
I use my results to improve my game all the time. How else are you supposed to figure out if you're a winning player? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Think you just phrased that slightly wrong.

To turn this into a more constructive post: has anyone felt that a certain choice they've made that seemingly turned out well (winning a hand) was in fact wrong? And how often does this happen?

When I first started, I remember getting this feeling way too often, but as I studied more I was able to copy down specific hands and look at them later to see if I could rationalize what I may have done wrong/right. They slowly are fading away, but I'm happy to say they still happen often enough to keep myself in check and understand that there is an enormous amount of knowledge I have yet to learn about STT play.