Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: wsop

oh i think im going to do well thats why i wasnt worried about leaving already.with my style either ill bust or have alot of chips.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM

lol @ thinking you will be able to afford blinding off 30,000 chips and still have a playable stack going into day two.

You sir are an idiot.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:11 PM

im pretty certain it wont be even close to 30,000 chips
Old 06-06-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im pretty certain it wont be even close to 30,000 chips

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to remember by the time you would plan on leaving, it's not just blinds you'd be losing but Ante's as well.

Based on your other statement however, I still think you are planning on being busted out on the first day (which isn't good).

Otherwise you'd play your day one on a day where you don't have to leave.

I'm guessing as well this is maybe your first attempt in the Main Event?

I know for myself, I've taken 3 weeks off of work, reserved my room for that entire period, and I plan on winning my seat to play in the ME event (I'm also playing in the $1,500 event on June 30th).

My point here is, I've scheduled the time off because I plan on at the very least, cashing in the ME.

One other interest I have is Sweepstaking, and there is a book out there (it's out of print) by Helene Hadsell, called the Name it and Claim it game.

I find many of it's concepts to be very true in life, which is, if you plan on winning, you will.

Your prize might not come when you think it should, but it always will come eventually, but you have to plan for it to come. By that I mean, you need to put ACTION behind your words and your plans.

IE: You want to win a trip to play a WPT event in say France, you enter a sweepstakes where you will win all expenses paid including the buy in for the event.

However, did you:

1) Make sure you passport was in order for the trip?
2) Made sure you could have the time off for when you would be taking the trip?

and so on.

In other words, PLAN to win, and in the end, you will.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 PM

thanks for your advice.this is my first time in the main event, but ill be out there for a month.Thats why this is a problem im going for multiple tournaments.The problem is also i live in ct so i cant jus fly out the morning of the 7th i dont think
Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM

Not that I'm a mathwiz or anything,but I'm pretty sure that w blinds at 1000/500 ante 100,you'd be losing 2500 pr orbit.Surely they'd be able to get in 6 orbits in an hour and a half.That should equate to 15000. Since I'm lazy and don't adjust for raises blinds/antes in level 8,I just go 15000x2.

Think that's 30000 or thereabouts