Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Default I just dont know anymore

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls $1 (All-In), MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: I just dont know anymore

It may hurt to bet the river, but I think it's the right play. It's tough to put UTG+1 on cold calling 2 bets for a flush or straight draw while also betting out on the flop. I'd be inclined to have them on two pair at that point. Turn play looks good for having the nuts.

I'd like to hear other opinions though...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:01 PM

i might raise the flop, but turn and river are standard. nh.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM

Villian had A-4 OFF
Old 06-06-2007, 06:05 PM

raise the flop, and lead the turn. Seriously. Lead the turn.

Oh, and be glad you were all-in, because you had to 3-bet this river.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian had A-4 OFF

[/ QUOTE ]
This is GOOD! Try to play with this person as often as possible.

Poker is full of bad beats. You can run for thousands of hands where the bad beats turn a long-term winning player into a losing player.

You'll see this a lot in this forum but it's good advice: Don't Be Results Oriented. You played this hand well (I would have raised the flop) and villian played it horribly. If you can get into games where you play better than your opponents, eventually you will win more money than them.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian had A-4 OFF

[/ QUOTE ]

It's frustrating but those donk plays are what make you money. Low-limit hold 'em is profitable from the mistakes of your opponents.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 PM

I do know that, its just for the past two months I have been getting outdrawn like this...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM

* grunch *

Looking at this hand I have a feeling I've been playing way too damn aggresive lately...

Preflop I cap. Maybe it's cuz I'm used to playing at a loose 2/4 table where everyone has limped in with crap so I want to make everyone pay big time. In this particular case there's only one other player trapped in the pot and I'm outta position to the 3better, but what the hell, I cap anyways cuz I'm stoopid like that. And capping is fun.

Flop I raise. I've still got top pair as far as I know, maybe this'll slow down MP3. If MP3 3bets I begin to slow down.

Turn might play differently by then. I think I'd just lead out cuz I'd hate to give any free cards to the spade draws; hopefully I'll get in a 3bet.

River I'd bet/call.

Oh, if possible I wouldn't recommend starting a hand without enough chips in front of you to value bet / protect big hands (i.e. try not to go all-in on a regular basis).

GalwaysgleefullybettinglikehisthirdbesthandisbestG
Old 06-06-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, and lead the turn. Seriously. Lead the turn.

Oh, and be glad you were all-in, because you had to 3-bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this one a bit more? I often find that when you have hit something big by the turn and you're sure your opponents will bet then check-raising gets the most value out of the hand. I like the CR on the turn personally?