Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: help out a loser (woman problem)

Cardo,

I think I love texts so much because I hate talking on the phone. You can express yourself concisely and not have to deal with awkward silences, too. A text message can also be a really laid back way of saying "hi" or suggesting plans without coming on too strong. I also think it's universal that girls [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] texting... I don't really understand it, but it's the truth.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Iggy,

I agree w/ BEP that "You know what I realized through all of this? I really wasn't interested in her like that." definitely does not ring true at all.

Like others in this thread, I've in the past had similar relationships with women. And some of them involved ridiculous letters, talks, voicemails, mixtapes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I can definitely relate to the above as well. However, I eventually out-grew that kind of behaviour.

Eventually my rule of thumb became: If you can't muster up the courage to say something in person, don't say it through email.

[ QUOTE ]

But no matter how much I told myself the friendship was the most important part, I really wanted to sleep with those girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

After getting rebuffed by these girls, I always claimed (and tried to convince myself) that I was just trying to be friends with them. Of course, given half a chance, I would have been banging them. This is why Iggy's protests to the contrary ring hollow with me. Those of us who've been through similar situations as Iggy know exactly what he's going through -- which is why we're desperately trying to get him to stop his behaviour so that he doesn't end up hating himself for it later.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Iggy,

You should consider text messaging (I mean phone, not IM) as a communications medium when interacting with women. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I think texts are lame, and are you talking about all women or just ones he wants to [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume El D's point is that the nature of the medium will counteract Iggy's major weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure Iggy thinks writing novels to this girl is only him trying to be clear as possible to avoid misunderstandings -- but most girls receiving a gargantuan email like that from a guy they aren't dating would be a little freaked out.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Iggy,

If it makes you feel any better, I gave this thread a rating.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After getting rebuffed by these girls, I always claimed (and tried to convince myself) that I was just trying to be friends with them. Of course, given half a chance, I would have been banging them. This is why Iggy's protests to the contrary ring hollow with me. Those of us who've been through similar situations as Iggy know exactly what he's going through -- which is why we're desperately trying to get him to stop his behaviour so that he doesn't end up hating himself for it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's you, then that's fine, but that's not me at all.

FFK & El D, I'll find another picture and send it over since that one wasn't so clear.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

haha... wow. That letter was just about the saddest thing I've ever read. If I was a woman and got that, not only would I never talk to you again, I'd probably get a restraining order.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure Iggy thinks writing novels to this girl is only him trying to be clear as possible to avoid misunderstandings -- but most girls receiving a gargantuan email like that from a guy they aren't dating would be a little freaked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

She knows when I get to sending a message I end up writing a lot. I go off on tangents when I write, so my messages to her are usually quite long.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think it was a big deal since it accomplished his goal. I probably would have wrote something much shorter trying to show some kind of indifference,

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. His goal did not require "accomplishing" this quickly. He should have let some time pass to allow cooler head to prevail. Asking a girl out on a date and being rejected should not automatically lead to a 3000 word emo email being sent to her.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:08 PM

You remind me of my gay friend, before he admitted to himself that he was gay. This comment is not meant as a rip. I say this for 3 reasons:

1) You can understand where people are coming from when they criticize your actions and decisions.
2) You may be able to better evaluate the types of relationships you want with (apparantly) gorgeous women.
3) I am very surprised that a straight guy meets a girl that (a) he clicks with, and whose personality meshes well with his (b) she is objectively attractive (c) he did not notice that she is hot and (d) he doesn't truly want to date her. I just can't fathom.

If you don't want to date your hot friend with a nice personality, my conclusion is that you are probably gay, whether you are willing to be honest with yourself or not.

Your dating partners should be friends with you. They should be hot. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN LIFELONG FRIENDS WITH THIS HOTTIE AND ARE RISKING THAT LONG-TERM BOND.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help but think that OP is engaging in a prolonged and curious form of ritual suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen you and Iggy in the same place? As for having conversations with each other, maybe

?