Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: too aggressive?

[ QUOTE ]
OK boz, so we are bet folding, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

attaboy
Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Newbie here but I would play the same, except I would have bet out on the flop. If raised on the river probably call and hope!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you donk the pre-flop raisor with tpwk when a large chunk of his range is going to have you dominated? What is your plan if you just get called by the pfr? Raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

If raised probably call and fold a turn bet UI. If called keep betting as the original post. I probably don't understand why a check raise here works better against a range that dominates the KT as opposed to betting out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Newbie here but I would play the same, except I would have bet out on the flop. If raised on the river probably call and hope!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you donk the pre-flop raisor with tpwk when a large chunk of his range is going to have you dominated? What is your plan if you just get called by the pfr? Raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

If raised probably call and fold a turn bet UI. If called keep betting as the original post. I probably don't understand why a check raise here works better against a range that dominates the KT as opposed to betting out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll c-bet always. So you c/r his entire range - including AQ, 99 and everything else. That's good. If you donk, if he's good, he'll likely only continue when you're behind/ he's got at least a very decent draw. Donking singles you out vs. that part of his range that you don'T beat.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it looks good.

My question is on the river though.

What do you do if:
1) MP3 raises; Button calls
2) MP3 raises; Button folds
3) MP3 calls; Button raises

Is the pot big enough to call these raises here? I think I let 1) and 3) go but call 2). This could all be leaks though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it bad form to ask additional questions in someone else's thread or is the answer to this just obvious to everyone but me?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll c-bet always. So you c/r his entire range - including AQ, 99 and everything else. That's good. If you donk, if he's good, he'll likely only continue when you're behind/ he's got at least a very decent draw. Donking singles you out vs. that part of his range that you don'T beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent explanation thank you. I need to think more about what the villian would have if he calls you rather than just what he might have.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it looks good.

What do you do if:

Is the pot big enough to call these raises here? I think I let 1) and 3) go but call 2). This could all be leaks though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it bad form to ask additional questions in someone else's thread or is the answer to this just obvious to everyone but me?

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all, these questions are why these forums exist.

and this is why I hate bet/fold
Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I was wondering why he should check-raise when it doesn't protect his hand, with a preflop raiser in mp2.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:04 PM

mustafa, if anyone had raised on the river, i would have probably folded. Not saying this is correct. If i got 3 bet on the flop, i would have either folded, or called, and check folded the turn.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it looks good.

What do you do if:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all, these questions are why these forums exist.

and this is why I hate bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, Buzz, seriously...are these decisions MORE difficult than what to do if you check and:

1) MP3 bets; Button calls
2) MP3 bets; Button folds
3) MP3 checks; Button bets

I'd say that any of the 3 scenarios we have to deal with are easier than 1 & 3 above. 2 above is probably the easiest of all, but we don't play poker for a 1 in 6 chance of an easy play, do we?

(Not to mention what you'll do to your cat when the river checks through and you get shown QQ and AdTx.)
Old 06-06-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent explanation thank you. I need to think more about what the villian would have if he calls you rather than just what he might have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you got it.