Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: $16: bottom set on monotone board

im raising more on the flop and pushing turn
Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Mike, BB is a decent player. What range do you put his him on re-raising in a 4 way flop?? I put him on a Q, strong kicker or a Q, plus strong flush draw or an already made flush. If you re-pop it, he's likely not going to chase. And if he has the flush already (which he may), you're 35% to the river.

Now if this was a raised pot, I would agree with you to just go ahead and play it like you have the nuts, but it's not. Everybody limped and it's still a small pot. I think you can afford to take one card off and get some more information on the turn. On the turn, we got that additional information, we can now be confident that BB does not have a flush, and the pot is now larger. Now I like a push.

If we push the flop, we're either going to get no action and win a small pot or we're going to be called for a large pot and be a 35% dog to the river.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 PM

I think you're giving a guy with 200 games at the 16s a little too much credit, not to mention the other 3 players in the hand potentially outdrawing you. He has a hand you describe way more often than a flopped flush (2-pair, Qx, Qx + club, AcXx, and some other crap). You currently have two, maybe three, opponnents who may pay you off here. If you win it now, nh. If you lose it later, shame on you.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're giving a guy with 200 games at the 16s a little too much credit, not to mention the other 3 players in the hand potentially outdrawing you. He has a hand you describe way more often than a flopped flush (2-pair, Qx, Qx + club, AcXx, and some other crap). You currently have two, maybe three, opponnents who may pay you off here. If you win it now, nh. If you lose it later, shame on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, I have reconsidered my initial stance. Do what Mike says [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Thanks a lot. I probably give $16-players too much respect. I'll pop it next time.