Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Incident at Wynn

[ QUOTE ]
2) I have always been an advocate for dealers not being abused. This is obviously a case of dealer abuse. While I do not like dealers slowing the game down to take on a player, I always error on the side of the dealer not being abused by player.

3) Where was the floor to put a stop to the abuse??

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't abuse. This is a dealer totally failing to defuse the situation with a simply "I thought I said thank you, but if I didn't, 'thank you sir'."

Real simple. Geting into a did so, did not, did so, did not with a customer is really poor.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) I have always been an advocate for dealers not being abused. This is obviously a case of dealer abuse. While I do not like dealers slowing the game down to take on a player, I always error on the side of the dealer not being abused by player.

3) Where was the floor to put a stop to the abuse??

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't abuse. This is a dealer totally failing to defuse the situation with a simply "I thought I said thank you, but if I didn't, 'thank you sir'."

Real simple. Geting into a did so, did not, did so, did not with a customer is really poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect suggestion. People who work for tips should always take the customer's side: against the world; against management; against themselves. This dealer just doesn't "get" who's paying his salary, or what is wanted from him.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
exactly the sort of situation the personality disordered like to create. I don't believe they do it deliberately, it's just in their nature, but it's a big part of why they feel the world is out to get them, because they put themselves in situations where they're always "wronged" in some way, or set up arguments that bait someone else who has no chance of getting out alive. These situations naturally tend to unfold in such a way as to irritate the aggressor, thereby reinforcing the world view that everybody sucks and deserves abuse. Repeat cycle until death. The poker room is full of such people, and it's very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - These are very sick individuals and they literally live to be "offended". Nothing you can do or say will ever make them happy once they've been "offended".

Great post and analysis Pfap.