Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

[ QUOTE ]
i just wanted to say El D you have been very funny lately please keep it up and good luck Brian.

funny story: brian, andrew, and i had a meeting this morning for CR. We were supposed to meet at the bellagio for breakfast to discuss some things. We got there and Brian was in Bobby's room playing Sammy and told us "Sorry, guys, can't make breakfast." We told him this is unacceptable and the only way it would be okay is if Sammy agreed to make some PLO videos. Sammy agreed and the match was on, Brian missed breakfast.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I guess CR will stop at nothing to bring in world class instructors [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 11:52 PM

it means he wrote that bit on farha to feed his ego, so that he would keep playing mixed games with the regulars at the big game.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:52 PM

Anyone want to lay odds?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greenstein is very honest on his blog (about other players, some good, some bad) and if he says that they won't play Farha in just PLO but only with other games you have to assume he is rated quite highly.

[/ QUOTE ]

offcourse they say the lagfish is good so he keeps playing with them, and the other pro´s arent that great as people seem to think, i think aba is +ev in any game vs farha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

The other pros feed Sammy's ego so he'll keep playing. PLO is Sammy's strongest game, but I'd put serious money on Brian.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and sammys tilt/way-too-loose factor is through the roof, especially relative to brians.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can this be considered a bad thing in PLO?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id say aba has to be +ev in both matches, after his downswing he made a goal to play 20k hands of plo at 20k and below and he played a lot of hu against thumper and other on stars, he only did I think like 15k hands in a month or so but gaining that experience that quickly and studying the game through pt after the matches has to gime him a huge egde, where as live u dont really review as many hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from someone who probably plays online, and has only seen Sammy play NLHE on HSP.

You're wrong, btw.

Sammy is considered by his peers to be one of, if not THE best pot limit omaha player in the world, and you'd have to be an egotistical/extremely wealthy/sick person to play him HU at PLO, where there's a huge edge to be had, especially against an online player like Brian with enough success and money to get him into a lot of trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime someone says that Farha is a God at PLO they never have any first hand knowledge and are usually going on what Barry G wrote on his website. EVER HEARD OF KEEPING THE FISH HAPPY SO HE KEEPS PLAYING.

Brian so EV+ here its sick. Just ask Brandon Adams
Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 AM

Didn't Brandom Adams have the button every hand?

This match doesn't prove anything. Too few hands too much variance.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:30 AM

the variance is so f#%king huge in PLO especially short and HU how the hell does someone, even a straight shooter like Greenstein (assuming he isn't blowing smoke up Farha's ass) ascertain that X person has a huge edge. Can Barry even have played that many hands live with Farha to unequivocally say he is that good.

I can't imagine Barry has reached the long run nor does he even see the hands that don't go to showdown which would probably be a bigger indicator or Farha's prowess. I mean almost every huge huge hand that I've seen go to showdown in PLO involved the same elements and it plays itself out. I think seeing a huge showdown you can determine with 99% accurracy just how stupid a player is but never really how good they are.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:38 AM

if ne1 sweats this game 2nite plz post updates, thx.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 AM
 is offline

Based on what people in the know say and that nl is included I think Brian has an edge as well but I'm also pretty sure Farha isn't the plo donkey some make him out to be.

For what it's worth, and obviously a hu cash game is different, he did actualy win the plo championship last year beating Ivey hu in the end.

He has also probably locked countless of hours playing live plo with both Benyamine and Patrik, AND is still not busto.

Then there are the stories about him being up millions in recent months.

I'm sure the man can play a little.

No matter what, an extremely interesting matchup for countless of reasons.

edit: my bad that was hi lo he won last year. Won the plo even further back.