Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Mail sent to PS

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, i feel that pokerstars is giving USA players an unfair advantage, meaning that pro poker players will by any means from the USA get monies on to Pokerstars.

As an average UK player i am faced with an unfair advantage.

USA law has forced this. Please can you consider splitting USA players from countries that accept online gambling.

In the LONG RUN it's in your interest... i accept that poker can be a 'game of skill' but thats only a small %age.

Best regards

Jim Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really ironic. I just sent PS a letter telling them that I want to play ONLY against people from the UK since their lower intelligence makes them easier to beat. At least we agree that UK poker players are generally really bad.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Jesus, I wish I could play on Party.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, i feel that pokerstars is giving USA players an unfair advantage, meaning that pro poker players will by any means from the USA get monies on to Pokerstars.

As an average UK player i am faced with an unfair advantage.

USA law has forced this. Please can you consider splitting USA players from countries that accept online gambling.

In the LONG RUN it's in your interest... i accept that poker can be a 'game of skill' but thats only a small %age.

Best regards

Jim Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't our great language come from your side of the pond? Could you make a minimal effort to use it intelligently?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 PM

PS is hard, though I think full tilt is hardest.

PS' advantage is that it has the largest number of players, so selecting a good table is as easy as clicking the x and moving to another looser table.

But for the record, I was playing yesterday morning at a full-ring table, and every player except me was non-American - Australia, Germany, France, Argentina, Russia, couple other places.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really ironic. I just sent PS a letter telling them that I want to play ONLY against people from the UK since their lower intelligence makes them easier to beat. At least we agree that UK poker players are generally really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi, matey stop it. Mad boy is on a wind up that's all. Some of us UK players choose FT and Stars and some of us do OK.

I had to laugh at the Ladbrokes magazine they gave away with the UK Poker Payer magazine this month, 70 pages of promo. They had a two page spread of the top 10 reasons to choose Laddies and in at number 4 with a pic of Phil Ivey with a red circle and a line through him had the headlne and the headline "NO US PROS" blah blah blah..."some American sites can be hellish places in which to grind out results"
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi, matey stop it. Mad boy is on a wind up that's all. Some of us UK players choose FT and Stars and some of us do OK.

I had to laugh at the Ladbrokes magazine they gave away with the UK Poker Payer magazine this month, 70 pages of promo. They had a two page spread of the top 10 reasons to choose Laddies and in at number 4 with a pic of Phil Ivey with a red circle and a line through him had the headlne and the headline "NO US PROS" blah blah blah..."some American sites can be hellish places in which to grind out results"

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an interesting marketing approach. Sort of "only idiots play here".

This might actually backfire judging by the number of players who complain when someone makes a stupid play at the table. The average player thinks that you can't beat players who make loose calls, etc., so they might actually prefer to play against pros.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:02 PM

Jim, do we have a little sand in our vagina?

Aren't there plenty of sites to play without American? Is Party too tough?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're leveling, right?

If not, let get this straight. You want PokerStars to force U.S. players to no longer be allowed to play games with players from other countries because players from the U.S. are better than you, and are attempting to justify this request by making some vague reference to the UIGEA?

Yeah this is what im saying.. the USA fish have gone, wtf should i play against the better players

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. Your problem is you lost the American fish (that is everyone's problem). What you really need is more European fish on your site.

Take out the American pros and the game might get a bit easier for you, but not that much easier.

The fact is the majority of the fish were from the US (the majority of the players were from the US which is why PS is still trying to hold on as long as they can). Without an American base of players your games are never going to be as lucrative as they once were. Let's face it, it's going to be as tight as a Crypto site.

But otherwise I hear what you are saying. Those sites would be better off marketing Europe and getting as many casual players from there as possible, because in the US that is pretty much a lost cause at this point unless something changes legally.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to drop down a level or two, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

but hes already playing 25 nl
Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 PM

Default OP interpreted .... Do not tap on the glass

OP is a losing player who has found a new reason to blame, rather than fix leaks or holes in his own game.

Do not discourage him.