Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Any Vegetarians here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is exactly what the "vegetarian community as a whole" is like. Dude, c'mon. Mostly the people who adopt a holier than though attitude are "fashionable" vegetarians. Vegetarians for the most part don't give a [censored] what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

And is that why several in this thread have cited their reason for being vegetarian that eating meat is immoral?

[/ QUOTE ]
So it's impossible for humans to make personal ethical decisions without that reflecting somehow on the people around them? Obviously most vegetarians don't eat meat for moral reasons. How this automatically makes someone holier than thou is BEYOND ridiculous. I have lots of Catholic friends. I'm an atheist. We get along just fine, despite our spiritual differences.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 PM

memento, Max, whoever else,
Note that I'm not saying you personally are smug or have a holier-than-thou attitude, nor am I saying all or even most vegetarians do. Sure it's a minority, but there is a very real segment of the vegetarian community that is definitely smug and holier-than-thou about the whole thing. They're vocal and, however unfair it may be, they have created a certain popular image of you and your fellow vegetarians.

Also, thanks for the "close minded douche" comment.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does the OP not realize that being a vegetarian/vegan still results in him/her being responsible for the death of many many animals as a result of his/her consumption? i think we can all see why.

so being a vegan saves animals from virtually nothing

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow ur dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
compelling argument, but i maintain my position.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't understand how someone could feel good about their PERSONAL decisions, perhaps from a spiritual standpoint, no matter whether they're decision will cause concrete changes around them, you're an idiot. And I'd love to hear what animals die/suffer for the benefit of vegetables. If you say manure, please punch yourself in the face.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 PM

I just grabbed a portabello mushroom panini at panera. The first half was ok, but I felt a little full/sick after starting on the second.

One good thing is they have free wi-fi. The [censored] block 2p2 and gambling sites, but I was able to log onto FTP no problem. I ended up dropping another bi at 200NL to put me down 3 bi's for the day after getting annihilated over the weekend at 400NL..life really sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 PM

Manure.

EDIT: OW, F*CK!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just grabbed a portabello mushroom panini at panera. The first half was ok, but I felt a little full/sick after starting on the second.

[/ QUOTE ]
List of bad foods:
1) chicken nugget
2) mushroom panini

What's the non-fungus-eating equivalent to a vegetarian?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is exactly what the "vegetarian community as a whole" is like. Dude, c'mon. Mostly the people who adopt a holier than though attitude are "fashionable" vegetarians. Vegetarians for the most part don't give a [censored] what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

And is that why several in this thread have cited their reason for being vegetarian that eating meat is immoral?

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked them why they are vegetarians and they told you, calling that holier than thou is a bit of a stretch.

I drink and take drugs. I am neither proud nor ashamed of this, much like I feel about being a vegetarian. If a person chooses not to take drugs or drink I don't make it a point to make them feel stupid or tell them that they are wrong.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really stupid point.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wow ur dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
please punch yourself in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are all vegetarians this good at debate?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does the OP not realize that being a vegetarian/vegan still results in him/her being responsible for the death of many many animals as a result of his/her consumption? i think we can all see why.

so being a vegan saves animals from virtually nothing

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow ur dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
compelling argument, but i maintain my position.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't understand how someone could feel good about their PERSONAL decisions, perhaps from a spiritual standpoint, no matter whether they're decision will cause concrete changes around them, you're an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i am an idiot because i think people who blindly cling on to an obviously false hope so they can feel better about themselves to be pretty simple minded.

[ QUOTE ]
And I'd love to hear what animals die/suffer for the benefit of vegetables. If you say manure, please punch yourself in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you are simple. nearly everything you consume has an ecological impact, not just the [censored] you eat (though the [censored] you eat definitely does have a significant ecological impact, including vegetables).
Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 PM

I have friends that don't eat meat,

but I don't trust them.

Seriously, when I moved to Reno I had been a vegetarian for about 2 years. After my second or third hospital staff dinner where they served me one piece of zucchini and a couple raw carrots I gave it up. Plus, a steak sounded real good.