Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 11:29 AM

Default How are the single table sats at the WSOP this year?

I know Harrah's tried to put in a new "kiosk" system to run the STT's, but also read it got screwed up on the first day (along with everything else). Did they get it back up or are they just doing it the old way?

How's the play - as weak as in past years?

Also, did they increase the chip stack for the Single table sats like they did for the bracelet events?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: How are the single table sats at the WSOP this year?

They have a single sat line. The floor guy then calls out different sizes to get one filled the quickest. You then go to the cage window to pay and get signed up. It's a fairly painless process at this point.

The play is mixed. Sometimes you get a tight table and sometimes have some weak guys mixed in. It's not as loose as it was late last year, but good players can still do well.

Chip stacks are still T1000 for the smaller ones and T1500 from $275 (I think) up.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Why not pay first to sign up and get on the list? Then the floor gets a list of who signed up and calls it out?

Oh wait, this is Harrahs. The only thing they track is how much they pay in comps.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Harrah's almost had it right in 2005, the STS ran amazingly considering it was the first year at the RIO. Last year was a cluster^^^^ and I heard this year was too. I made a fortune in 2005 in sats because I could play so many in a night. There were 2 staff people running that whole end of the room and THEY KICKED BUTT. Haven't seen either of them back.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's almost had it right in 2005, the STS ran amazingly considering it was the first year at the RIO. Last year was a cluster^^^^ and I heard this year was too. I made a fortune in 2005 in sats because I could play so many in a night. There were 2 staff people running that whole end of the room and THEY KICKED BUTT. Haven't seen either of them back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, last time I was out there was 2005 and I'm going back next week. There was a lot of buyin action directly at the tables, where people were selling their WSOP tourney lamers (the 500 orange chips) to buy 3 people in to the stt in exchange for cash. I'm assuming that this practice has ended because you have to pay at the cage. Have all of the lamer sellers moved over in front of the cage?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
 is offline

Do they run the STT sats right up until late night of Day 2 of the ME?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They have a single sat line. The floor guy then calls out different sizes to get one filled the quickest. You then go to the cage window to pay and get signed up. It's a fairly painless process at this point.

The play is mixed. Sometimes you get a tight table and sometimes have some weak guys mixed in. It's not as loose as it was late last year, but good players can still do well.

Chip stacks are still T1000 for the smaller ones and T1500 from $275 (I think) up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones that are $200/300 (plus whatever) give you 1500 chips. The $500 level gives you 2000. I played a few of the $325 and the play was pretty bad.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not pay first to sign up and get on the list? Then the floor gets a list of who signed up and calls it out?

Oh wait, this is Harrahs. The only thing they track is how much they pay in comps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the system works pretty well. The floor is at the head of the line and gauges interest on who wants what from the past few seatings. If it seems like many want a $175, he'll call out a $175 from the front of the line, sending each person to the cage window while counting 10 people off. That gives a person that wanted to play $125 or $225 a chance to change their mind and get right in. He'll just go down the line until he fills the 10 spots. Typically 3 or 4 people near the front of the line wanted a $525, so the next one he calls will be a $525. By keeping people in line, nobody will wander off and leave people waiting for him to get back.

It all works a lot more smoothly than I'm able to describe it.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:47 AM

I couldn't find it on here or the WSOP site, can someone link me to a list of these sats?

edit: SNG Sat info from pokernews
Old 06-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Realistically, most of those never go off. It's mostly $125 to $525 single-winner single-table sats, with an occasional $1030.