Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: 10/20 deep flopped flush at Bellagio

If you're going to play that hand in the first place, can't be afraid to go with it when it hits. I think your play was fine.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to play that hand in the first place, can't be afraid to go with it when it hits. I think your play was fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awful advice, the reason you can play these hands if because you are able to lay them down when the right time comes.

And to whoever said that a bigger flush would c/r the turn, how does this do anything but get every worse hand to fold and turn your hand totally face up?

FWIW, If I'm raising the flop, I'm playing the turn the same way as hero. My default is usually to call the flop and raise the turn and fold to a three bet, but it all really depends on the villian, who I know nothing about.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:14 AM

Post flop is fine. Pre flop is bad.

I love tourney donks =)
Old 06-05-2007, 04:19 PM

irie,

plz post more, kthx.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Before I finish reading through the rest of the thread i'll just say that my play here would have been to most likely call the turn play. Against the range of hands that he can have, calling seems to be the best way to protect your stack and still get profit. This is assuming that he isn't the type to bluff a brick on the river all in this deep. If he is capable of doing that though then i'll have to consider a call as well, but if i'm beat then he was likely calling on the turn anyway if I were to shove. I would think though that I can safely fold on a brick river if he pushes, which he will do if we are indeed beat to the higher flush. I feel by calling on the turn it does this for us given his hand range:

He has a higher flush - Gives us a chance to get a free check behind on river if the board pairs and he fears two pair/boat hand filling up. If board is unimproved on river and he shoves anyway, gives us the opportunity to fold our hand and save money. Also there is a very slim chance he could check the river too if he has the 2nd nut flush and thinks you were drawing to the absolute nut flush and the only way he can get paid is by checking to induce a bluff. In either scenario we save money.

If he has two pair/set - He's not calling a turn shove this deep anyway and is likely taking a bet/fold line. The risk with this scenario is that he fills up and you lose... but the % chance of him filling up and outdrawing you is not as high as the chance of him already having the flush and stacking you if you shove, or the chance of him not filling up. Also by just calling on the turn you give yourself another opportunity to potentially get a value bet on a brick river if he thinks you may have been semi bluffing on the NFD and are now bluffing it on the river.

Just calling turn can get tricky if he does have it in him to bluff off the rest of a stack when you're ahead but he should definitely be bluffing at a much lower % in this spot since you've shown strength and you guys are deep.

Only benefits I see from shoving turn are that it can protect your hand against set/two pair drawing, maybe fold out bigger flushes (seems unlikely), and it can prevent you from getting bluffed on a scare card river (also seems unlikely).
Old 06-05-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lapoker clearly owned everyone in every thread he has ever posted in and your response shows u didnt even know this fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

However, I still enjoyed reading Irieguy's analysis, and I agree with a lot of what he said. If I lose there, I chalk it up to a cooler and reload.

Kirk
Old 06-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Ok just read through the rest of the thread. Everything changes if he calls a shove with a set or two pair or bluffs river.