Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Good fold or not, $25PLO

No hand history because I am at work.

Villian seems like your typical player, 45/5, his total aggression was under 0.6, but I don't think I have that many hands on him. I am UTG, villian is directly to my left. I checked the turn to induce a bluff that I would only call.

Villian has less than $25, I cover.

Dealt to me AAxx I raise to $0.75, Villian calls, rest of the table (even the blinds for once) folds.

Flop comes AKK, I bet 2/3 pot, Villian calls.

Turn is [AKK]2, I check hoping to induce a bluff that I can call. Villian checks behind.

River is [AKK2]K, I check, villian bets pot, I fold.

I think five days ago, I would call here like 100% of the time. This time, I put Villian squarely on the case king. I also think that 45/5 player squarely puts an UTG raiser on AA a lot. I felt his bet was for value, but maybe I was being a little pansy because I ran bad Sunday night.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Good fold or not, $25PLO

Ugh, this is a total puke spot. Hold on, I gotta go puke.

Okay, with that out of the way, I think if I'm confident that this guy isn't making a move on me, I would go with my read and fold this. His line sounds exactly like a naked K, and I can't put him on any conceivable hand that he'd raise the river with. I think a river raise is almost 100% the nuts every time. I actually love the turn check, as I think it will perfectly induce Kxxx to bet/actually bluff. I gotta say this is pretty gross, but what hand is he going to call a bet on the flop with then reraise the river? I think it has to be Kxxx, and folding seems like the right play. Even though a lot of crazy stuff happens at 25PLO, there aren't many river bluffs.

I think you should trust your read and it's a good fold. Let me go puke some more.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM

seems fine. i think he usually ditches everything on the flop without an ace or a king and i dont see him making the move with just the ace.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:34 PM

BD, villain didn't raise the river. Hero checked, villain bet pot.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Is it possible villain could have an Ace and a pocket pair that he is now making a thin value bet with? I would call river, but i dont know anything. trying to learn
Old 06-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Why would he value bet an Ace? All he would have is trips with A kicker.

I think a fold is fine. Most of the time you are up against a complete bluff or the case K. And at these limits, you rarely see someone bluff, esp on the river and esp for a psb. You also see a ton of psb's on the river when guys have the nuts and are checked too. I think they assume you either have a close hand you want to c/c with or something that missed and you can't call anysize bet, so they just pot it.

No need to check turn to induce a bluff. Weird tho that if he does have a king, he wouldnt bet it after you checked? He could of turned a K2xx fullhouse and think he was slowplaying you too. Or could just have K and low kickers as well. Either or, its not that close of a spot, and for a psb, its not worth it to try to pick off bluffs here.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 PM

Bet the river fold to a raise
Old 06-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Why bet the river? do you get called by anything that you can beat? maybe qqxx, but that hand would have checked out on the flop. Betting this river is a recipe to lose chips.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 PM

I check fold here, dude isnt aggro at all, seems like u played it fine on the river