Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 05:23 AM

Default TP2K. Am I doing the right stuff?

Opponent is 55/3.33/0.53(60). Gotta love those loose passive guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $30.00</font>
BB: $54.37
UTG: $49.90
CO: $24.50
BTN: $8.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.50, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, UTG calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($16) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, UTG calls $5.00

Pot Size: $26.00 ($1.30 Rake)

UTG had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON (+$11.95)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$12.75)

My thought processes:
Flop: He called my flop C-bet. He's a total calling station I won't be surprised if he calls with 56 for a gutshot, weaker ace, 53 or some trash.. etc.

Turn: Hey what's going on in here? I'll call and try to be in pot-control mode.

River: I'm sticking to my pot-control story. I'm making a small block bet of 1/3 pot.

Showdown: bleh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Would you chose a different line? Like make a big raise on the turn to his donk bet? Once he calls what then? You're pot commited on the river if he decides to bet again... Tough to play OOP
Old 06-05-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: TP2K. Am I doing the right stuff?

I think this is fine. No need to go crazy with TPGK on the turn. I like the river bet too.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:36 AM

If he's as much of a CS as you say, then lead the turn, and lead the river - fold to any raises. I don't see how anything else is better.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 AM

I think you missed a value bet on the turn, against this kind of player. too bad this time he had AK.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:25 AM

Good advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thinking about it now, I'd agree that I played it a bit too passively getting too stuck up in the pot control thingy. Calling stations have to be valuebetted to death!

Too bad he had AK this time, most times I'll be ahead.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM

I agree, you played this pretty well covering your arse when you saw that you may not have the best hand - villian leading the turn could be seen as a blocking bet to draw to a better hand and I may have re-raised that turn. Too bad he had AK.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Dont post results!

You must raise MORE preflop. Make it $2.25.

As played I like a turn bet and a river check call because villain will play all smaller aces just like this and has very much under-represented his hand. You have to punish him if he holds smaller aces.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont post results!

You must raise MORE preflop. Make it $2.25.

As played I like a turn bet and a river check call because villain will play all smaller aces just like this and has very much under-represented his hand. You have to punish him if he holds smaller aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the check call on river? Are you worried about getting raised here by a calling station? I think against these guys a 1/2 sized pot bet is better because if they raise you know you're screwed and you'll get called by weaker stuff a lot more than you get shown a better hand. Please explain if you don't mind.