Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Gettin\' My 6-Max On.. (OMG SUPER CRAZY HANDS)

Villain is playing pretty loose (47/19/2.4 over 60 hands) and I am playing really tight. I haven't had any good hands and have been open folding Button and CO a lot. I played one previous pot against him where I raised PF from Button, he called in SB, and I checked behind our HU flop. He bet turn, I folded, and he showed 96s on an 8,T,Q,8r board.

-----
UTG ($394)
MP ($283.80)
Hero ($444)
SB ($405.25)
BB ($536.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB calls $14, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($36) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $64</font>, Hero calls $40.

Turn: ($164) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $125</font>, Hero calls $125.

River: ($414) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $200.25 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $200.25.

Final Pot: $814.50
-----
I know he's probably a bit crazy, but I haven't really been able to tell if he's good or not.

1) How willing should I be to call him down here?
2) If I'm destined to go with the hand, should I shove turn or just be prepared to call most (all?) rivers?
3) Would you play any street differently? Explain.
-----

Shortly after, this hand happens.

-----
MP ($388)
Button ($283.80)
Hero ($420.20)
BB ($812.50)
UTG ($516.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($32) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($32) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, BB calls $20.

River: ($72) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $120</font>, Hero ??
-----
I dislike my flop play. I was going for a check-raise and hoping I'd appear frustrated and get action on the hand. With a player that appears to be pretty aggressive and a drawy flop, I should've just lead the flop and waited for him to raise. Stupid, I know. Is river an automatic call?
-----

And then finally this one.

-----
SB ($396)
BB ($327.40)
UTG ($137.30)
Hero ($516.60)
CO ($699.50)
Button ($715.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, CO calls $16, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($38) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, CO calls $24.

Turn: ($86) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($86) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??
-----
Should I just VB it or get him to take a stab and go for a check-raise? Give me specific reasons why one is better than the other please.
-----

Thanks a lot. Please be detailed in your answers, guys.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Gettin\' My 6-Max On.. (OMG SUPER CRAZY HANDS)

Hand 1: Calling the reraise is good, on turn i belive you have to go all in. If he has toppair (second pair?) he will not fold, and you dont want him to draw out on you if he got overcards/draw/pair.

Hand 2: You have to atleast call, im even thinking about raising since he seem to be aggresive and would probably bet a flushdraw at the flop.

Hand 3: noonono dont check, he is more likely to call a valuebet than to bet with a 9 or 8, and if he got a straight he will probably raise you.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: noonono dont check, he is more likely to call a valuebet than to bet with a 9 or 8, and if he got a straight he will probably raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more along the lines of him having very little and bluffing. The point about the straight is valid, but I didn't put him on a Jack because he didn't bet the turn. Turn is very drawy and I'd expect him to bet it with any good hand.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:41 AM

Hand 1: I probably shove turn. He'll call with hands like 76s, 87s, 88, 66, but may c/f these hands on the river when he misses and shove when he hits.

Hand 2: I think you can def 3-bet shove the river for value. Looks like KJ or KdXx.

Hand 3: $60
Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 AM

1)a)pretty darn willing
b)i like shoving the turn
c)prolly shove turn

2) im having a lot of trouble putting him on a hand. i really want to raise because youre only scared of the flush and he doesnt look anything like a flush, but dunno what youd get called by besides kj.

3)vb. check raise sucks hes betting a straight on the turn and thats the only thing calling a cr (that youre not stacking anyways), whereas youre semi-likely to get looked up by an 8 or 9 vb and most likely raised by 79 and 89
Old 06-05-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more along the lines of him having very little and bluffing. The point about the straight is valid, but I didn't put him on a Jack because he didn't bet the turn. Turn is very drawy and I'd expect him to bet it with any good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I belive turn were a great spot to bluff with air for him. I think a low PP wouldn't bet, but probably call a bet because you showed weakness at turn.

To me it feels like he had a pair and didn't bet turn because he's hand didnt have much value anymore. But im not sure, it is hard to put these players on hands because of their unlogic play. Although i really think you should bet river for the reasons mentioned.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM

I agree that it's probably more likely he'd bet the turn with nothing and check behind decent hands. I also think if I'm inducing a bluff, it might be better to just bet $50 or something weak which has a decent chance of being raised and also doubles as a decent VB.

Thanks. I'm gonna sleep and then post results after more replies.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:55 AM

Yeah, I like a weakish river bet to induce a bluff, because your image is pretty weak at the moment.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Results

1) He had Aces and chumped me. I thought about shoving turn, but I didn't think he had a hand at all and the board wasn't that drawy.

2) I didn't even consider reraising. He had KJ. Good read Novles.

3) I check-raised his $40 river bet to $140 and he called with 96[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].