Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 06:04 PM

Default 2 hand I played today

I won one and lost one, will say which is which later. First hand is from a site that does not have a converter. I am looking for comments more than have a direct question I guess. Maybe would like to know if hand #2 is standard. I did not have tracker on the second hand and it does not work with the site from the first hand so no reads here.

9 handed .25/.50 NL

4 people limp in I have 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limp.

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Player from early position bets 50 cents, I re-raise to 3$, everyone else folds.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Check, Check

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] He checks, I bet 2 bucks, he calls

Pot Limit
Blinds: $0.25/$0.25
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, UTG+2 calls $0.25, <font color="cc3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 6 folds, UTG calls $1.5, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.5.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="cc3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls $2.5.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11, 2 players)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="cc3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG+2 calls $5.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($21, 2 players)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="cc3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="cc3333">UTG+2 9.35 $9.35</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.65 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $39.7
Old 02-27-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 2 hand I played today

I dont' like 2. first one bet more on the river, fold to a reraise. you can't bet 2 dollars into a 8 dollar pot.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:21 PM

Hand 1: Bet the turn.

Hand 2: Bet a lot more on the flop/turn.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:15 AM

First hand the guy turned the strait. I was very paranoid after that card came out and slowed down a lot. The river .. I did not know what to do. Had a sneaky feeling I was no good but decided checking a set twice would be ridiculous. If I was good I dont think the guy was gonna call much after checking it twice so I underbet.

Second hand I was good. That 8 came out and thought it might hurt me but AJ or something was more likley. I did not get to much response to these hands but was trying to decide if this was a decent value bet or just plain reckless in the second hand. The first hand my main thing was if I was too paranoid, quark says I am and I agree. No way in hell he checks a flush twice.

I dont think I have posted a hand yet that someone does not say "bet more". For some reason I am having a problem with actually doing it.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:19 AM

you are raising and betting too small. First hand, is almost a pot sized raise but $4 would be better, and I think you should bet that turn, about 2/3 pot - at least $8 or $9 there as played.

The same applies even more so for hand two, $2.5 isnt even half the pot - bet at least $5 there, the small bet you made makes it fairly cheap for something like a straight draw to call.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:44 AM

Ok this is the deal with my bets. I pretty much bet what is standard for the table/site. This is what most of the people I play with do with a strong hand. Of course I am not saying they are great players, just that I worry about not getting paid off if I am making bets that are abnormal for the table when someone has say top pair with a good kicker. The pot was 6 bucks if I bet say between 3/4 and full put like 5 bucks on flop that would be somewhat abnormal for someone to do.

My question is are you guys sticking with the 3/4-full pot bet on a raised pre flop pot in your games (4 +1 per limper) and are you getting calls? I dont play on party or stars and the normal action of a hand might be different there.

Hand #1 was played on nine poker and they have a bet pot button on that site that is jacked up. It does not bet the pot. If 4 people limp in pre flop and you are the 5th person and hit bet pot it will mini-raise it every single time, not bet the pot. I wanted to bet more, hit the bet pot button, found out it was not what I wanted to bet (does not account for action that round)then was running out of time and just pressed it anyways.

I know it sound like I am defending myself but I really am not and am concerned my bets are too small, I was just explaining why I did it.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:14 AM

hand 1. raise pre-flop.