Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: TPGK w/a lot of action

How tight is BB is the first question and the second one is how tough is he? Yes, he's going to wake up with a big hand sometimes, but that will not be that often; what does he do with his medium strength hands? If he folds too much then you're good to go. If he defends and he's tough you have to adjust your range.

Regarding the limper, you want to play pots with him even out of position, yes? Because you play better than him you should end up winning more when you win and losing less when you lose. The more pots, the better. That, of course, in no way guarantees he's not going to crush you in the next 3 you play against him. But in the long run, if you edge is big, you'll profit.

So, if limper is going to come in with Kx and Qx then KT is going to be a great hand to play pots against him, if BB is not going to put up a big fuss when you isolate.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding the limper, you want to play pots with him even out of position, yes? Because you play better than him you should end up winning more when you win and losing less when you lose. The more pots, the better. That, of course, in no way guarantees he's not going to crush you in the next 3 you play against him. But in the long run, if you edge is big, you'll profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure how much I can outplay this guy post flop w/out position. Even against your bluff happy, donkey's I'm going to get pushed around a fair amount of time. In position, I'd prolly Iso this guy if the blinds were tight.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure how much I can outplay this guy post flop w/out position. Even against your bluff happy, donkey's I'm going to get pushed around a fair amount of time. In position, I'd prolly Iso this guy if the blinds were tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a handful of regular opponents who limp with crap from 1st and 2nd position. I would make a lot of money playing KT against their ranges OOP. If that is not the case against this guy then you probably shouldn't do it.

Clearly, this scenario isn't your bread and butter. But it can be profitable against the right player if the BB cooperates. But, obviously, it will only ever be a very small part of your edge in the game.

Good luck.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 PM

I expect Qx of hearts quite a lot. I dislike your turn donk.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 PM

Oh and people wanting to raise in the SB here are crazy.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scary, in this situation, loose fishy UTG limper and reasonably tight bb, what is your range of hands you'd raise here? For me its ATo+, KJs+, pairs 77+ but I think I might need to loosen up a bit.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:26 AM

I think you need to raise KTs, QTs, QJs, maybe JTs and Axs with somewhere around x= 6 or 7. Of course this depends on how fishy the limper and how tight the BB.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me and I'm certainly not going to dispute the crazy part, but why so adamant? KTo not enough of a hand? Not going to get it HU often enough? HU doesn't matter as much as flop does? BB's tightness/toughness not a factor? Just curious where you place the emphasis, Scary.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to raise KTs, QTs, QJs, maybe JTs and Axs with somewhere around x= 6 or 7. Of course this depends on how fishy the limper and how tight the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you raise Ax down to A6 or A7s and Qx down to QTs. Shouldn't Kxs fall somewhere in the middle? Maybe K9s or K8s.