I cannot wait until next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

oops
Old 06-04-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: ***Official Sopranos Next To Last Episode Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
What ever happened to junior? Any chance of him coming back to run the family, and being in on it with phill all along?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, some of you are not-so-awesome at watching TV
Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like what somebody said in another thread about the "Made in America" title of next week's episode possibly referring to AJ getting made. My prediction: AJ has to decide between being a crying little bitch, or a real Soprano man. He chooses the later and goes total badass eventually avenging his dad's death.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ has grown on me but I doubt it, I think the whole point of the bedroom scene was to show how he is def not made out to ever be involved in "family". That would be pretty out of character.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like what somebody said in another thread about the "Made in America" title of next week's episode possibly referring to AJ getting made. My prediction: AJ has to decide between being a crying little bitch, or a real Soprano man. He chooses the later and goes total badass eventually avenging his dad's death.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ has grown on me but I doubt it, I think the whole point of the bedroom scene was to show how he is def not made out to ever be involved in "family". That would be pretty out of character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally, I expected him to snap back into it and just move, but instead, he's still there and all numb and bitching about his depression.

Carm's response also frustrated me. I felt like she's always had the capacity to drop the drama and be pretty pragmatic when push comes to shove. I though Gandolfini did a great job of coming across with just a deadly serious tone that would have said "now is not the time to cry and fuss".
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Just thought I'd add that this episode, more than anything else I've watched, really depicted what it would be like to have a gang of heartless murderers want you dead. I actually felt scared, cornered, panicked
Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meadow somehow wound up getting AJ's (edit).
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What ever happened to junior? Any chance of him coming back to run the family, and being in on it with phill all along?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, some of you are not-so-awesome at watching TV

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Usually I find these kinds of responses annoying and off-point, but Traz is right on here. Junior is a senile old man who's finished. They made it clear in his swan song episode, and drove the point home further with Janice telling Tony that Junior is out of money.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Carm's response also frustrated me. I felt like she's always had the capacity to drop the drama and be pretty pragmatic when push comes to shove. I though Gandolfini did a great job of coming across with just a deadly serious tone that would have said "now is not the time to cry and fuss".

[/ QUOTE ]

I forget which season or episode it was, but there was a scene in the past where she showed this. I think it had something to do with a potential feds bust and them moving a bunch of cash around. However, I thought her response here was understandable. One family member already dead, a close friend on the brink, a hit out on her husband and provider, and all this following weeks of turmoil over AJ and other family issues. She freaked for a second, Tony made clear the seriousness of the situation, and she buckled down.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Boring episode. Nothing happened.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Pauly isn't playing both sides. When he tried to go to NY in whatever season that was they completely played him. Pauly is getting quite old and Tony is all he has left.

Somehow I don't think Phil will end up victorious. The other NY families can't allow him to just start a war over Tony beating up someone in their crew (who started [censored] with Meadow nonetheless, Tony was justified).