Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Default NL10 KK on a scary board : pot control or bet ?

Villain has just sat down, and I have no stats on him.
With that flop and an unknown villain, my plan was to make pot the smallest possible, but I was wondering if I missed value anyway. Thoughts on all streets are welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($9.40)
SB ($4.30)
BB ($14.30)
UTG ($9.80)
MP ($6.50)
Hero ($11.35)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds.

Flop: ($1.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls ?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: NL10 KK on a scary board : pot control or bet ?

I'd bet the flop or raise the turn to see where I'm at.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:36 PM

Two aces is less scary than one because it decreases the likelyhood of him having one. Bet the flop and expect him to fold. Also, if he does call you'll probably get to see the turn for free because he'll be expecting you to bet again.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:41 PM

id either raise turn or river for value, I dont mind callin the turn but if another heart comes we have to give it up...after you call on the turn i think id make like a real lite value raise on the river to like 1.25-1.5 if he rr then i probably fold.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:57 PM

Bet flop to get control of the hand, and to make sure you aren't bluffed off the best hand later. Also it can partially be for value, because some medium pocket pairs may call and they will also give you a cheap showdown since they have SDV themselves.

I slow down on turn and river. And raising river is horrible, it re-opens the betting, and no worse hands are ever calling.

Calling river here is fine though, we are getting 4 to 1, and have the best hand a lot more than 20% of the time IMO.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I slow down on turn and river. And raising river is horrible, it re-opens the betting, and no worse hands are ever calling.

Calling river here is fine though, we are getting 4 to 1, and have the best hand a lot more than 20% of the time IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i dont mind bettin flop. checkin is ok too IMO. Raising the river here is sick IMO...im not talkn about a huge raise, more like 2.5-3 times villian's raise (almost a minraise). we've shown so much weakness in the hand and such a small raise will get calls from A LOT of other Qx hands Jx hands and possibly some PP...IMO we can get more value than just flat callin the river.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 PM

I agree with betting flop to take control of the hand, and then adjusting, but raising turn is kinda stupid imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If I checked flop, it's not to reopen betting on turn.

Otherwise I'm really interested in raising river. What kind of hand would be leading weak turn and river, and calling a raise on river ? I can't see a J doing this. a Q can eventually do it, but it's hard for a small PP to call imo.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:11 PM

check flop??
the way u played it call turn and raise river...