Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: QQ hits a set

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to put him all in, why not just check the river? do you really think he is calling this with 2 pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about this. Please.

We need to extract as much value as we can. Checking this river is CRIMINAL. Many hands still pay us off (top pair, two pair, etc) and checking will induce a bluff a high percentage of the time... a bluff that we can't call.

Now, if we had AT here, a bluff-inducing check wouldn't be that bad. At 25nl, it isn't good, but it isn't bad.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to put him all in, why not just check the river? do you really think he is calling this with 2 pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about this. Please.

We need to extract as much value as we can. Checking this river is CRIMINAL. Many hands still pay us off (top pair, two pair, etc) and checking will induce a bluff a high percentage of the time... a bluff that we can't call.

Now, if we had AT here, a bluff-inducing check wouldn't be that bad. At 25nl, it isn't good, but it isn't bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

that basically explains my entire point.

So if we have 0 fold equity. Checking induces a bluff from worse hands. Since we are effectively putting him All in, wouldn't it be better to check and call his bluff?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 AM

Worse made hands check behind scared you hit a ten. The only you will see bluffing here is the one who missed the draw and its a jack.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 AM

Problem with checking is that we have to kill ourselves if he checks behind and shows us A9o.

I think this play is fine. I really don't like blocking and folding to a raise just because the only hands that have a ten in them are TT and AT, and given the action, some kind of A/K or two pair hand is so much more likely. I think that folding to a raise will be folding the best hand a LOT of the time.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 AM
 is offline

i would bet on the river too, but don't know how much. maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the pot.

how would we play riv against a very aggressive opponent?
is c/c better than betting small to induce and call a bluff-raise?