Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: ***Official Sopranos Next To Last Episode Thread***

great episode.

I think that this scene interpretation is dead on:

[ QUOTE ]
Also (and I could be reading waaaay too much into this), did anyone find it somewhat strange that Tony went to the trouble of putting the steak recipe back in the "Departures" magazine before he left? The reason I ask is because I assume that the whole session with Melfi was to finally put an ending on Tony's therapy once and for all, after the therapist dinner and her own reading of the studies on sociopathic behavior. So if he is the sociopath that we believe him to be and if the studies about behavior conclude that the therapy is actually counterproductive, then why would Tony put the recipe back in its place instead of just leaving right then and there? If he is completely selfish, "playing" Melfi, etc. is this simply just his last "act"? Or can this be construed to be a symbol for his sincere remorse over not just the recipe, but for his other transgressions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2007, 02:39 AM

Anybody know if these "studies" on sociopaths and talk therapy are based on real studies, including the parts about animals and babies? If so, Chase probably had that aspect of it (and what Melfi would eventually do) planned out for the whole series.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 AM

I personally think all of the Paulie talk is absurd. No way he acts like he does this season if he's working with NY. He's not strong enough to pull that off. There is 0% chance that Paulie kills Tony IMO.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally think all of the Paulie talk is absurd. No way he acts like he does this season if he's working with NY. He's not strong enough to pull that off. There is 0% chance that Paulie kills Tony IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched the episode again with a friend. I still think there is a strong chance Paulie will be working with New York.

But I have to waver on Patsy. Watching the Sil hit again, he is right in the line of fire, then sprinting away, then they do another cutaway to show him still sprinting. Doesn't seem like a guy sure he's going to live.

I do wonder what AJ is looking at in the preview. It's light outside, can't see anything else.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I didn't get about this episode: How the [censored] does New York not have a hit on Tony at least ready to go before they go [censored] with Bobby and Sil? He wasn't in hiding yet or anything, he was at his [censored] house, and yet there was no attempt to kill him whatsoever. That makes no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, this episode wasn't believable from the New York standpoint. You would think they would take out the head first and then finish up with the rest of the family. This is like Tony ordering a hit on that guy with the messed up eyes instead of going directly after Phil. It also doesn't make sense that sil wasn't strapped at the time of the shootout in the parking lot. Any reasonable person would have several guns on them at that point and sil only had a 9mil in the back seat
Old 06-04-2007, 03:54 AM

Whats the best sopranos forum for in depth discussion?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One thing I didn't get about this episode: How the [censored] does New York not have a hit on Tony at least ready to go before they go [censored] with Bobby and Sil? He wasn't in hiding yet or anything, he was at his [censored] house, and yet there was no attempt to kill him whatsoever. That makes no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, this episode wasn't believable from the New York standpoint. You would think they would take out the head first and then finish up with the rest of the family. This is like Tony ordering a hit on that guy with the messed up eyes instead of going directly after Phil. It also doesn't make sense that sil wasn't strapped at the time of the shootout in the parking lot. Any reasonable person would have several guns on them at that point and sil only had a 9mil in the back seat

[/ QUOTE ]

and in a bag to boot
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It also doesn't make sense that sil wasn't strapped at the time of the shootout in the parking lot. Any reasonable person would have several guns on them at that point and sil only had a 9mil in the back seat

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I gotten into the habit of carrying pretty much all the time when I had a regular band gig in the "bad" part town. And as far as I know, there was no hit ordered on me.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:11 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

I really marked hard for the mangini cameo.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the best sopranos forum for in depth discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, this one has the best discussion/user base.