Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 AM

Default 100NL - JJ deep, I think we can get frisky here

Villain is 23/13/2 over 1k, but no previous history.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $189.70
BB: $52.40
UTG: $98.50
CO: $78.80
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $201.70</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $1.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $15.50</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $11.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($33) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $23.00</font>, Hero..

Anyone think we can employ a line other than insta-fold here? I don't think we can raise actually, because well if we really have a king here we wouldn't raise. I don't know if villain is good enough to know that however, but I don't know much (my point is that if villain sees through the raise, he can still feel his AA is good, etc.). I feel if we want to make a play, we call flop, and evaluate turn. My inner nit hates to make these super expensive plays though, but I figure if there's a time for us to start, this spot is perfect. What are your thoughts on this, and for those advocating a call on the flop, what are your plans on the turn?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 100NL - JJ deep, I think we can get frisky here

call and fold to further aggression. Raise hoping to fold QQ/AA exactly? Do you see why that's really bad?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 AM

My initial thought was that this deep, I don't think villain would want to be involved on this flop with QQ or AA when my range can very well include AK. So if anything, imo it would be call flop, and bet if checked to or raise a small bet, assuming turn isn't a Q or A of course.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 AM

call flop, check turn on a blank turn and vb river if checked to (not much though) no need to yurn your hand into a bluff. Why do you want to only play against 2 hands in his range?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 AM

how often has he been 3 betting? he could think ur picking on the limp and 3b light so there is no value in raising this flop. i wouldn;t always think you need to make a move here. if he does have a wideish 3b range then ur ahead a good % of time. call flop to see a turn and see how he reacts to it.

you have to know your player here and what he'd do with a king. if he has AA QQ here he'll prob check call so if ur going to bluff then i reckon its going to be bet\raise turn shove river.

if the turn is checked id prob check back and same on the river or block bet turn to check down river (so you set the price on the turn and not him on the river, also if he cr turn he prob has qq+ so you save calling off a big "block" bet of his on the river). he has to know you have a hand here, with no fd its got to be a pp so im not even sure you can justify a vb if he checks river as if hes a thinking player 10- folds.

if he's going crazy or you feel he's milking you like a cow then i'd lean towards a fold unless you have specific reads. in 3 bet pots making moves is usually expensive so if he's making a habit out of it just wait til he makes a mistake