Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: ***Official Sopranos Next To Last Episode Thread***

MANGINI, woo!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just read through it all. I'm glad to see others thinking its Paulie too. I think it really has to be . For some reason I don't want Tony to be killed. I'd love to see him become a rat too as someone mentioned. I wish Melfi had something on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly why it can't be paulie.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4. With Chris, Sil and Bobby dead, Carmela and Janice may find themselves in bad financial shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carmela just sold her house and knows where Tony keeps large amounts of cash at the house. Also, she stole $50,000 in an earlier episode and put it in separate accounts. Anything bad that happens to Janice isn't tragic.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:15 AM

One thing I didn't get about this episode: How the [censored] does New York not have a hit on Tony at least ready to go before they go [censored] with Bobby and Sil? He wasn't in hiding yet or anything, he was at his [censored] house, and yet there was no attempt to kill him whatsoever. That makes no sense to me.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:15 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if both of Tony's families get destroyed. Meaning, Carmella and the kids getting killed in the finale. That would be sick.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was the deal with the father and daughter getting killed? Did they just go to the wrong house or what? And Paulie was in charge of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy they killed looks like Phil, so they saw the picture of him and went after the wrong guy. I'm just confused if the guy lives in the same area as Phil. It would be quite the coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I am suspect of Paulie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Paulie even need to stick around at this point, if that was the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that immediately came to mind when I think of this, is that (if Paulie indeed has been on Phil's side this season) Phil may have not actually put a hit out on Tony like he did with Bobby and Syl, but would have instead (being the prick that he is) gotten rid of Bobby and Syl first and "leave the best for last", so to speak. In other words, come out from hiding when Tony's captains are out of the way and there is no one left except Paulie (who we are assuming is a turncoat and on Phil's side now). At this point, there is really no one to protect Tony, and Paulie could call New York in to "finish the job", with a great finale of Phil and his crew wiping out whatever is remaining of Tony's crew, where in the last scene we see Phil pointing a gun to Tony's head (as he gasps for air, already wounded) saying, "I win."

However, this is only one of many possibilities.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, wtf was Eric Mangini in this for? That was so random.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first reaction to this was that Mangini paid a nice chunk to get into the show before the series was over, kind of a rich mans entertainment to be part of the whole thing. Just because it didn't really flow at all and had no apparent purpose.

I probably think this though because my buddies girlfriends cousins dad (far out enough?) is some big ol incredibly rich guy with businesses all over Newark, who knew some people, and he supposedly paid a fair amount to be sittting at the bar in the background at a scene in the Bing in Season 2.

Some of the local Sopranos experts could probably shed more light into it though.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the girl/daughter that was killed...that was Phil's mistress and her dad happened to come by for a visit? Or was it two random people at a different house?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed it was two random people at a different house, but who really knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew the exact address of the girl, so I think the only random part was her father being there.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:51 AM

Also it looked like in the preview, AJ was looking at something that was burning. I dont have it recorded though.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the girl/daughter that was killed...that was Phil's mistress and her dad happened to come by for a visit? Or was it two random people at a different house?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed it was two random people at a different house, but who really knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew the exact address of the girl, so I think the only random part was her father being there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly the case.