Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Default 45s flops flush draw + gut shot - Lets discuss turn play

6 handed 200NL

UTG - covers
CO ~150
Hero (btn) ~375

<font color="blue">UTG - a solid thinking TAG and is on a couple of my tables. he runs ~22/17 over lots of hands and is a regular in the game. definitely a winner and im almost positive hes 2p2. his UTG raising range seems to be quite a bit tighter than his opneing range from later positions. so far we havent been invlved in any big pots together, and no signifigant hands between us have gone to showdown when HU.

CO - a typical 36/8 donk. tries to see almost every flop and passive/stationy postflop. you know the type

Hero has been tight, maybe just a shade looser than normal. around ~23/16 this session. UTG probably views me as a decent TAG, knows i have at least some grasp of the game, but has also seen me make a couple of dumb moves</font>

the following hand is a very common situation and there are couple ways to play it... please discuss the optimal turn play for each situation, and explain WHY you wou take the line you do:

***********************HAND 1***************************************

PREFLOP
UTG raises to 8, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on Button, blinds fold.

FLOP $26 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG bets 20, CO folds, Hero makes it 65, UTG calls

TURN $155 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero???

***********************HAND 2***************************************

PREFLOP
UTG raises to 8, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on Button, blinds fold.

FLOP $26 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG bets 20, CO folds, Hero calls

TURN $66 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero???

***********************HAND 3***************************************

PREFLOP

UTG bets 20, CO calls, Hero raises to 82, UTG calls, CO folds

TURN $210 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero???

***********************HAND 4***************************************

PREFLOP

UTG bets 20, CO calls, Hero calls

TURN $86 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, CO checks, Hero???

<font color="blue"> your turn options are:
check
bet/call (how much to bet?)
bet/fold (how much to bet?)

are you almost always taking the same actin for each indivaual given situation, or are you sometimes betting, and sometimes checking? if its the latter, with what frequencies do you bet:check?</font>
Old 06-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: 45s flops flush draw + gut shot - Lets discuss turn play

seems like i get hardly ever get any replies anytime i try to have a discussion that requires more than 30 seconds of thinking/writing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Hand #1 I think betting $100 is good.

Hand #2 $40

Hand #3 $150

Hand #4 check

I'm assuming this guy is capable of laying down an OP here which I think he has.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1 I think betting $100 is good.

Hand #2 $40

Hand #3 $150

Hand #4 check

I'm assuming this guy is capable of laying down an OP here which I think he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you calling a shove on hands 1-3?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:44 PM

HAND 1 **********
I would probably bet here since you raised the flop and have shown strength, and you can take the pot on the turn.
100~120 is all right...

HAND 2 **********
Bet to make the pot bigger and possibly a bluff on the river.
$50

HAND 3 **********
Bet... same reason hand 1. And the pot is bigger you wouldn't mind.
150~180

HAND 4 **********
I would do same, bet.
$50 is all right.

Dunno, I'm not an experienced player. I would like to hear some comments about this line...

Thanksss
Old 06-03-2007, 11:05 PM

hand 1: check behind. pot is big enough and we're at the turn so our equity with our big draw really isn't that great. our flop check-raise did the job. it built a decent pot and gave us our free river. if villian has a hand he'll most likely bet or call a bet on the river so we will get more value on the river when we make our hand.

hand 2: bet. i think we have more FE here and we build a pot for when we hit. I'm probably calling a c/r but depends on bet size.

hand 3: same as hand 1 although I will say I would be more likely to bet here than hand 1 cuz i think we look much stronger and therefore have more FE than we did in hand 1.

hand 4: check. we have very limited FE vs. two opponents.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 AM

Hand 1: If you bet now you can convincingly represent 88, 77, 33 or 78. I say bet 100-120, call push.

Hand 2: Bet 45. A c-bet he's given up on is a decent part of his range. Call if he c/r, unless its huge.

Hand 3: A bet will look really strong. You can fold out a lot of hands, including a possible larger flush draw. You have 285 left in a 210 pot so either 140 and call a c/r, or just push (if you sometimes overbet big hands).

Hand 4: If villains are okay hand readers then the only hand we can represent is like 99, as they're unlikely to believe you smooth-called a big hand behind two players on that drawy board. I guess check and hope one of them doesn't make a bigger flush. I almost always raise this flop though, so I usually wouldn't be here.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Hand 1 is a definite bet. I imagine 200bb deep he's good enough to fold an overpair, (which is by far his most likely hand).

Hand 2 Bet/folding, and checking are super close. It's hard to represent a set, since you would raise the flop with one 100% of the time, but I'd never be in this situation, since I would raise the flop with this draw 100% of the time.

3 is meh. If he stuck around on the flop without closing the action it leads me to believe he's probably looking to CRAI turn with set or overpair, or is drawing himself and welcomes as much overcallage as possible. Probably check/behind.

4 looks like an obvious check
Old 06-04-2007, 12:45 AM

Hand 1- 110/call a push, but I think he'll fold an OP a lot here

Hand 2- check- he knows we would raise any set or 2pr on the flop

Hand 3- check- I don't think he's calling a big flop raise on a drawy board to fold a blank river

Hand 4- 55/fold, but he is never pushing over us on this board when the donk calls. If he wanted value, he knew would have bet into the calling station, not c/r'ed him out of the pot or given 2 people free cards on a drawy board
Old 06-04-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 Bet/folding, and checking are super close. It's hard to represent a set, since you would raise the flop with one 100% of the time, but I'd never be in this situation, since I would raise the flop with this draw 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding to a normal sized c/r here? If he c/rs the turn I think he's felting most rivers, and we definitely have the odds to peel. There will still be a decent sized bet left on the river.