Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: WPT Bellagio 5 Diamond Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Folding 77 in HU flop 569 with two diamonds and 25% equity against all-in was one of the worst plays I have ever seen. He was priced in even against a bottom set and definitely against any draw but nooo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem could have been trapping w/ a big pair right? And maybe Hanna knew that he was barely ahead of a flush draw+overcard....perhaps he thought he could wait for a better spot....he did not have the luxury of seeing Hachem's hole cards.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Hachem basically had a hand that was at the absolute lowest end of his range the way that hand went down. It may have been a slightly -EV fold, but tournaments aren't purely about making every +chipEV play/call like cash games are. Hanna's fold wasn't terrible.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hachem basically had a hand that was at the absolute lowest end of his range the way that hand went down. It may have been a slightly -EV fold, but tournaments aren't purely about making every +chipEV play/call like cash games are. Hanna's fold wasn't terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't chip equity = tournament equity once the tournament is heads-up?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm a retard. I could've sworn that happened when it was still 3-handed. I think I confounded every detail of the 77 and TT hands.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't chip equity = tournament equity once the tournament is heads-up?

[/ QUOTE ]
When Hanna folded he was left with only 25% of the chips. Basically that means 25% chance to win the tournament. In my opinion it is pretty obvious that with Hachem's range Hanna's equity was at the very least 35%. Hachem would likely have pushed even with 2nd or 3rd pair. Calling 4.7M and going all-in to a 14M pot is so "Sit'n Go" standard that you have to wonder what Hanna was smoking when he folded.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what was horrible was him leading out on the flop and THEN not calling the all in. If he's not prepared to call the all in then check/fold. Once he reraised pf and hachem called I'm probably done with the hand. Personally if I were to bet the flop, I'm shoving so that hachem can't make this play on me plus you're pot committed anyways with any kind of a bet.

EDIT: If I were hanna and thought I was grossly outclassed post flop I would reshove pf with 77 since any flop bet gets me pot committed and you'll be oop postflop. As played I probably call pf and play a small pot.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course he was a little po'd. How would you be feeling if you were in his shoes? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did it to himself. The KJ hand against Hanna's QJ Daniel misplayed. Daniel gave the free card that allowed the straight to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree again, Mike. Daniel didn't misplay the KJ hand. On a board of AAK, holding KJ, you're way ahead or way behind. The only hands Jim can hold (if he's behind) that have more than 2 outs are JT and QJ, which have 4 outs, and QT, which has 3 outs. Every other holding, Daniel has crushed. Why not let him catch up to a pair and bet into Daniel?

Seriously, checking KJ on an AAK board HU in position is standard. If a Q had come off and Jim bet the turn and river and Daniel called down to win a nice pot, Sexton would have been praising Daniel's flop check. Such results-oriented thinking on Sexton's, and apparently your, part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your correct Private Joker, that was a little too results oriented.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it me or was DN mocking Hanna for laying down that TT...kind of felt like DN was being a bit of an ass there when he was saying he thought it "was funny to me".

I thought the same thing when I watched the program.
Daniel looked slightly on tilt, the comment and the cackling confirmed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, Mike. I think Negreanu was laughing because 2 of his 6 outs were gone. He had been "running bad" (or so he probably thought, even though his loose play led to some poor decisions), so he was hoping to be in a coin flip against Hachem. Learning that he was now an actual underdog to 44 because of Jim folding two tens was just "more of the same" and made him laugh. That's how I took it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. DN was just being a douche with that comment. He is a collosal tool. He played absolutely horrible when it got to 3 handed. Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy watching DN lose?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hanna's fold wasn't terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

it pretty definitively was. especially after betting 3 mill into a 2.7 mill pot on the flop. it was cringe-worthy