Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Video Tutorial #10: NL200 6-max : Party donks edition

I think you're checking as the preflop raiser far too often postflop. For example, QJ on KTx flop in position against a donk, checking is way too passive.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're checking as the preflop raiser far too often postflop. For example, QJ on KTx flop in position against a donk, checking is way too passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is criminal
Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy folded to c-bet 27% as stated earlier in the video. Don't you pay attention?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (or maybe that was someone else in the same seat...maybe I don't pay attention)
Old 06-03-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true on FT or PS. I don't think it is on party. I used to be someone who c-bet 100% of flops. The problem is that you get check-raised all the time on party. Mostly with air, sometimes with a top or mid pair and they WILL felt it. Other times they'll call you down with 3-rd pair. That's why I've cut down a lot of the c-bets (prob c-bet about 50% of the time only). This gives me more credibility when i do c-bet & I really need villain to fold (ie I've not connected at all). I really don't think it's "criminal" to check behind with a good draw against these opponents.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:51 PM

i havent really watched the video, just wanted to say given you last post i feel your c-bet percentage should be closer to 70% than 50.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:53 PM

I think its better to just bet the draw no matter how bad the donk is, unless he is so short that he can checkraise you and you won't have odds to call. Most of the time if they dont fold, they just call and check the turn so you can take the free card to see river. When you check the turn they are mostly gonna donk the river so you get great value if you hit. If you check the flop they are often gonna bet the turn and you will have an annoying spot if you didnt hit, cause you prolly won't have implieds to call.

edit:

Also betting the flop builds the pot which is good so you can play a big pot if you hit and they happen to have a decent hand, after all you wanna stack the donk no? The passive slowplaying party fish wont raise you off a draw very often, even when they got a monster they often minraise and you can call to see if you can stack em.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true on FT or PS. I don't think it is on party. I used to be someone who c-bet 100% of flops. The problem is that you get check-raised all the time on party. Mostly with air, sometimes with a top or mid pair and they WILL felt it. Other times they'll call you down with 3-rd pair. That's why I've cut down a lot of the c-bets (prob c-bet about 50% of the time only). This gives me more credibility when i do c-bet & I really need villain to fold (ie I've not connected at all). I really don't think it's "criminal" to check behind with a good draw against these opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think you have to bet with OESD, likely to have cards to pair, etc.

Taking your incredible equity against his range, plus a hint of fold equity=profit, plus we want to build a pot on the flop if we hit turn/river