Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:19 AM

Default [censored] - i fold QQ pf :( - 200nl

pfr is 14/12/12 over 165
pfrr is 20/12/4 over 328

i have little FE over pfr because i think i pushed random garbage into his pfrr yesterday... i thought he was pfrrinig me light.... but he wasn't LDO

both these guys are pretty nitty pf, i'm oop, cold calling gives my hand away, and i'll land out of position, and i wouldn't put it past the pfr to put in another raise

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $45.30
<font color="black">keikiwai (BB): $226.00</font>
UTG: $254.75
CO: $273.90
BTN: $200.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> keikiwai is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $25.00</font>.... I fold
Old 06-03-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: [censored] - i fold QQ pf :( - 200nl

this might be okay if the action came from UTG and UTG+1, but imo you must at least call this at a minimum. your hand is still way ahead of the reraiser's range for 3betting on the btn to a CO raise.

i would probably lean towards 4betting to make it easy. but calling is okay too i guess. folding is just too nitty in this spot imo.

edit: just saw your comment re. little FE. that makes it an even stronger case for coming over the top here. if they're going to call you light then why not just smash.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:26 AM

These spots suck so hard - but I think pitching JJ-QQ against nittish players is necessary here, even though there action is from the CO and button. I am assuming they have not been getting out of line recently.

Basically, if we call here I don't expect to extract much, if any, value from hands 99-JJ, and we are either folding to a cbet or stacking off against an o/p way too often to make this profitable.

The only way I would continue is by throwing in a moderate raise here... but I hate it. I fold like a biatch.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 AM

Why do you want to have FE with QQ its not like he ever folds KK or AA and you are ahead of the rest.

I dont mind the fold if the pfrr doesnt reraise alot.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 AM

If you're gonna play 5-handed with 2 nits, then you gotta loosen up.

Raise to $65.

At least coldcall if you think they're that tight. This will surely be taken as a sign of strenght on your part and he will play accordingly postflop.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:36 PM

If you think he does this with AK then I think folding pre is wrong, especially given your positions as said. I would normally flat call but given your history its an easy 4bet (small or shove, w/e you normally do)
Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pfr is 14/12/12 over 165
pfrr is 20/12/4 over 328

i have little FE over pfr because i think i pushed random garbage into his pfrr yesterday... i thought he was pfrrinig me light.... but he wasn't LDO

both these guys are pretty nitty pf, i'm oop, cold calling gives my hand away, and i'll land out of position, and i wouldn't put it past the pfr to put in another raise

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $45.30
<font color="black">keikiwai (BB): $226.00</font>
UTG: $254.75
CO: $273.90
BTN: $200.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> keikiwai is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $25.00</font>.... I fold

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a 4 bet all day.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna play 5-handed with 2 nits, then you gotta loosen up.

Raise to $65.

At least coldcall if you think they're that tight. This will surely be taken as a sign of strenght on your part and he will play accordingly postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you should loosen up if you are playing 5-handed with 2 nits but this is hardly the spot to losen up in, what the hell are you thinking when you say this?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:05 PM

CO v Button, and 20/12 isn't that tight
Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 PM

CO raise and button reraise? Their ranges are much wider than given credit for. I hate a fold.