Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bron might not be 6'8", either. Lots of guys are listed as taller than they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been heavily scrutinized since he was a junior in high school. He's not Danny Almonte. Believe me, the dude's 6' 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with that. On my college team EVERY SINGLE PLAYER was listed as two or three inches taller than they really were. Theres no way on earth that Allen Iverson is 6ft tall, and I think hes a pretty well known player.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:28 AM

All you need to do is check the measurements from Nike camps/adidas camps/predraft workouts. They are standardized and without shoes, if Im not mistaken. Either way Bron is looks huge out there and is strong enough to finish at the rim while fouled, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] I missed what happened for the last 5 minutes because I had to grab some food. What'd Sheed do?

[/ QUOTE ]

because no one else has said it i will: horrible, HORRIBLE offensive foul call on Sheed. Vallejo is an absolute bitch who has only 3 skills - rebounding, slapping, and flopping. Anyway bad call, whatever, Sheed goes Sheed and gets tossed. Doesn't matter, this game/series was ovah by that point. GG Cavs.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:04 PM

spurs in 5,book it
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spurs in 5?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if the Finals are expanded to best-of-nine and they have to win an extra game.

Cleveland is such a suck-ass city that I kinda feel good that those people have something to celebrate. Sort of like when one of Jerry's Kids busts out his retard grin during the telethon and starts mashing his hands together maniacally.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:38 PM

thanks tuq, i really dont understand all the hate on cleveland and lbj. what did we ever do to anybody? we are a hard drinking, blue collar town. this place is as unpretencious and nondouchbag as it comes. i can only infer that everyone who rips on cleveland is indeed a dbag.

as for hating on lebron, i think its silly. watch him play and its clear hes the least selfish superstar in the league. his decisions and mentality make everyone better individually and as a team. replace him with anyone else in the league and the cavs will not be as good.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] I missed what happened for the last 5 minutes because I had to grab some food. What'd Sheed do?

[/ QUOTE ]

because no one else has said it i will: horrible, HORRIBLE offensive foul call on Sheed. Vallejo is an absolute bitch who has only 3 skills - rebounding, slapping, and flopping. Anyway bad call, whatever, Sheed goes Sheed and gets tossed. Doesn't matter, this game/series was ovah by that point. GG Cavs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, Sheed definitely dropped his shoulder. I could see it getting called or not, definitely not an "OMG bad call!"

Sheed is a bitch. He is a great player but he basically quit this game after the offensive foul call. It was pretty clear that he was going to do whatever it took to thrown out. I'd love to see a teammate call him out for it but I doubt it happens. The locker room interview with Chauncey was classic enabler talk, sheed will continue to behave this way as long as his teammates shrug it off as sheed being sheed.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:05 PM

Victor,

Don't hate the messenger - it's called the "Mistake By the Lake" for a reason.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what else Cleveland needs to do in order for people to realize they are better than the Pistons. This series could easily be six-0 Cavs and they've played better basketball consistently. The idea that the Pistons will just "wake up", "knuckle down" and "focus more" is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

fmp
Old 06-03-2007, 02:12 PM

IIRC, Sheeds 6 foul was not an offensive foul. He made have been fuming over that, but his 6 foul was a tackle of Lebron on a drive.