Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: 19-year coma

this is almost exactly the plot of the German film Good Bye Lenin!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, at least he has the stability of wife and family. What about the people who wake up and have nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is a serious and touching story, but it reminds me of a SNL skit. Norm MacDonald wakes up from a coma. This first person he sees is Elle MacPherson (guest host) who he thinks is his wife, but turns out to be his sister. Then the girl (I can't recall her name, but she's the Spartan cheerleader) comes up to him. She's a haggard old woman and she plays his wife. I guess you had to see it, but it's funny.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, at least he has the stability of wife and family. What about the people who wake up and have nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is a serious and touching story, but it reminds me of a SNL skit. Norm MacDonald wakes up from a coma. This first person he sees is Elle MacPherson (guest host) who he thinks is his wife, but turns out to be his sister. Then the girl (I can't recall her name, but she's the Spartan cheerleader) comes up to him. She's a haggard old woman and she plays his wife. I guess you had to see it, but it's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a great skit.

also, there has to be a good polish joke in regards to this story.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:14 AM
 is offline

I don't beleave what the media feeds us in this story.

I saw a documentary once about a guy who woke up from his coma after 15 years something. But that wasn't a fairy tale-like story like this.

It was clear that his brain had degenerated and lost a lot of functions during all those years of low activity. He was a perfectly normal guy when he fell into the coma but he was very retarded when he woke up.

He also had a baby daughter when he fell into the coma, and when he met her after the awakening he didn't realise that it was his daughter. He looked at her in a sexual way and just didn't understand when they told him that was his daughter. It didn't make sense to him. And yes, he got attracted to his teenage daughter because his brain wasn't functioning well after all those years.

His brain couldn't understand the time gap. He was over 30 when he woke up, but he still thought he was 19 and couldn't accept when they told him otherwise.

So with this story in mind, I think media have bent the truth in this (OPs) story. They are making it sound like a fairy tale just because that's what people want to hear.

/Mike