Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: K3s flop

i think c/r is the play here. BB knows you don't have an ace, but may not be able to stay in the pot if you c/r. get rid of him.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Nate,

I like a bet/3-bet since you say the button will be making moves on you. This allows you to push out the BB if he calls your initial flop bet. I think your hand has showdown value improved or not once BB's out of the way, like you said.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:39 AM

haven't read the thread yet but i would checkraise the flop and if you can get it HU very likely take K high to showdown vs this guy given how you described him.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:37 AM

c/r and probably check/call down on the turn unless I get something if the bb folds flop. This is a pretty transparent line but I'm guessing it doesn't matter against this villain.

If button is the type that will be offended by a 3bet preflop and will cap a lot then I like 3betting because we would like to show this hand down against him a lot and I'd rather just get BB out before he has a chance at flopping a pair. I prefer folding pf no matter what the blind structure is, but if we're going to play then I think 3bet is better a little.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think c/r is the play here. BB knows you don't have an ace, but may not be able to stay in the pot if you c/r. get rid of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thinking as well. You might be able to showdown K high if you don't improve with him gone, and there's that value thing.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:44 PM

Default What I did...

I decided to lead the flop. Check-calling is simply too weak IMO as I have an excellent draw + very possibly the best hand and should be fairly happy to get some money in on the flop. But I think it's a close decision between the other two options and probably pretty trivial at the end of the day. Ultimately, my thinking is very close to Entity's. Betting out should still put plenty of pressure on the BB so he doesn't peel with some cheap-o draw. But I think it's a better play against the maniac on the Button, because I feel like he'll be more inclined to bluff-raise a bet than he will be to bluff 3-bet a check-raise, especially as my hand doesn't look like an ace when I bet out (and it *isn't* an ace, of course, but it's something that happens to have very good equity against most of his bluff-raising hands).
Old 06-03-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: What I did...

Nate betting out seems fine if you intend to 3bet a button raise.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 PM

What does bet 3 bet the flop after cc'ing the sb look like to you? Because to me, it looks like a flush draw.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does bet 3 bet the flop after cc'ing the sb look like to you? Because to me, it looks like a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

whether it does or not 3bets going in on the flop vs. his range is ok.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 AM

If you're willing to take K high to showdown then leading the flop makes a lot more sense.

The 2/3 structure and the nature of your opponent makes a preflop call natural here.

I take it this was live?