Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: That one will smart in the morning Aba

The hand in the OP is really bad. Yes, I know it's hu, but it's 200bb deep and he's crushed by aba's range. I'm going to say about 30% equity.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 AM

atleast aba completely dominated him after that hand.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
atleast aba completely dominated him after that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh yeah, honestly it doesn't matter much to me who wins in these games but it is nice (on occasion) to watch them play and try to analyze what they are doing. The other day when they were playing, hcdnttb really did a nice job of extending a little bit of rope to sbrugby and made some big calls. This was after aba dropped a few buyins to antonius, who hit and run, and aba was CLEARLY tilting.

I didn't see any of this match, but judging from the hh's, it looks like sbrugby really adapted well and hcdnttb did not. Too many big and wrong calls. Who knows though.

btw, given the dynamics that I've seen between these guys preflop, the 30% equity guess is probably slightly on the high side. It was something like 100% AA, 100% KK, 50% QQ, 50% AK, but I think that includes too many combos of AK quite honestly. The 5-bet in this spot is so very close to never a bluff, and I don't think sbrugby is thrilled to get it in here with AK to say the least.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:30 AM

hcdnttb basically totally fell apart. After the JJ/KK hand, the stacks on the two tables were:

60k Brian / 250k HC
250k Brian / 60k HC

But Brian double up twice on the first table, and HC having clawed some back on the second just seemed to lose his game; he lost 300k in like five minutes. An amazing turnaround for Brian, although it was mostly his money in the first place since he was in for a lot.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 AM

i lost approx 250k to bawan who actually claims to be some business man (who said it was this dimitry guy anyways).

basically he sucks at poker and run sick hot vs me imo at 100-200/200-400nl and broke my roll down so hard i have to play 5-10/10-20 for the mean time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sigh

fwiw he made one sick play vs me where he reraises 95o pre, cbet a AK4 flop i called w. KJ and he oppenshoved 25k on a 2 turn made me fold, showed 95o and made me instatilt the rest back to him.

oh yeah and then one sick vbet where i am so happy i didn't reraise pre cuz idve gotten it all inon that turn no doubt

i call OOP w. KdJd flop Jx9d3x i checkcall psb
turn Td i checkcall psb
river 3x
i checkcall 30k into 20k he shows AJ
Old 06-02-2007, 02:35 PM

i think his last name is bawan , pretty sure not nobles