Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Does anyone have one of those mosquitoe traps?

the ones that draw them in do work and kill alot of them but many more are drawn in to your area to bite you and suck your blood.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:28 AM

How does the Mosquito MagnetŪ work?

The Mosquito MagnetŪ attracts biting insects by mimicking human breath. As the biting insects approach the trap, they are vacuumed into a net where they dehydrate and die within 24 hours. After weeks of continuous use, the mosquito population in your yard is virtually eliminated.

Will the Mosquito MagnetŪ bring more mosquitoes into my yard?

No. The mosquitoes that are biting you are already breeding and living in your yard. Once those mosquitoes are captured by the trap, the population will begin to decline.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Several years ago I regularly drank at a bar called LuLu's that was located at the mouth of the Fish River on Mobile Bay (think swamp). The place was almost entirely outdoors sitting on the water, and it literally would close at dark because giant swarms of mosquitoes would descend on the place and overwhelm even the most toxic of bug repellent.

They put a few of those around the edge of the property (never did see one, but I was told they were there) and in one week the mosquitoes were completely gone.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've spent a lot of times up north and nothing comes close to the effectiveness of this:

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Nothing worked as well as these things when I was in the jungle. No bugs even came close. They last fairly well too, it probably takes about 2 hours for one coil to burn up.

I have heard that long-term exposure to the smoke can be bad for your health, but unless you're using them like 4+ hours every day I can't imagine it being too bad.